EventsAdd your own event!
Training Workshop on Agricultural Risk Management Tools
July 1 - July 5$1050
Risks in agriculture arise from various sources and can be systematic or idiosyncratic. A wide array of tools can be implemented at various level in compliment of other factors to help deal with the risks effectively. This training therefore focuses on a range of selected key tools applicable on the following categories; On-farm, Finance, Market related and Government Based agricultural based risk management tools depending on the risk situation .
By the end of the training, the learner will be able to:
- Outline the agricultural risk management for mitigating and preventing risk on-farm and community level.
- Describe the major finance / market-related risk management and the situations best suited for the adoption of these tools.
- Explain the government- supported agricultural risk management tools which strive to provide solutions that safeguards.
- Identify the suitability of these tools alone or in a combination for a given situation.
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of all the tools.