EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Training on Data Processing using Census and Survey Processing System (CSPro)
October 15, 2018 - October 19, 2018$1050.00
The data processing is responsible for manual editing and coding of questionnaires, data entry, computer editing and tabulation of products like the population database for all Surveys and Censuses. The data processing division has established its editing, coding and data entry in different spaces of place.
The Census and Survey Processing System (CSPro) is a tool for entering, editing, tabulating and disseminating data from surveys and censuses. This training is very practical consisting of demonstrations, practical exercises, and tests.
Participants will learn;
- How to create the data dictionary, data entry screen and how to program checks and skips.
- How data is stored in the system
- Add, modify, verify and view cases (questionnaires).
- Identify and report structure, value, and consistency errors in questionnaire data.
- Produce tables
- Define simple or complex hierarchical file organization.
- Define hierarchical levels, identification items, records, items (fields or variables), value sets (categories of values), and values.
- Export selected data variables to delimited (tab, comma, semicolon), SAS, SPSS, Stata, R, or CSPro formatted data files.
- Installation of CSpro
- CSPro General Concepts
- Dictionary Concepts and Fundamentals
- Creating Dictionary**
- Identification Items**
- Adding and Naming Dictionary Elements
- Levels, Records (Adding and Modifying)
- Item/Item Representations/Subitems
- Value Set/Special Values
- Modifying the Dictionary elements
- Creating Data Entry Application
- Generating Data Entry Forms
- Data entry Tree
- Planning a Data Entry Operation
- Operator and System Controlled Modes
- Operator-Controlled Mode
- System-Controlled Mode
- Running Data Entry Application
- Selecting a Tabulation Application to Run
- Defining File Associations
- Table viewer
- Formatting tables
- Export selected data variables to other formats (SPSS, Stata, Excel etc.)
HOW TO REGISTER ONLINE
To register online to book your spot, click on this link Online Registration Form 1
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on the details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Office Location: Utumishi Co-op Hse, Mamlaka rd, Off Nyerere Rd, Nairobi