EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Training on Data Processing using Census and Survey Processing System (CSPro) (16th – 20th, October, 2017)
September 14, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$1050
The data processing is responsible for manual editing and coding of questionnaires, data entry, computer editing and tabulation of products like the population database for all Surveys and Censuses. The data processing division has established its editing, coding and data entry in different spaces of place. The Census and Survey Processing System (CSPro) is a tool for entering, editing, tabulating and disseminating data from surveys and censuses. This training is very practical consisting of demonstrations, practical exercises, and tests.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is an introductory course aimed at researchers, demographers, data managers, data processing coordinators/supervisors/ data entry operators and others who are considering using CSPro to implement survey data management systems. No previous experience of CSPro
Participants will learn;
- How to create the data dictionary, data entry screen and how to program checks and skips.
- How data is stored in the system
- Add, modify, verify and view cases (questionnaires).
- Identify and report structure, value, and consistency errors in questionnaire data.
- Produce tables
- Define simple or complex hierarchical file organization.
- Define hierarchical levels, identification items, records, items (fields or variables), value sets (categories of values), and values.
- Export selected data variables to delimited (tab, comma, semicolon), SAS, SPSS, Stata, R, or CSPro formatted data files.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Module 1: Introduction
- Flow chart of Data Processing
- Data Processing and Data Collection
– Field Operations
– Data editing and coding
– Data Entry and Cleaning
- Introduction to CSPro
- Installation of CSpro
- CSPro General Concepts
- CSPro capabilities
- CSPro applications
Module 2: Data Dictionary
- Introduction to Data Dictionary
- Dictionary Concepts and Fundamentals
- Creating Dictionary
- Identification Items
- Adding and Naming Dictionary Elements
- Levels, Records (Adding and Modifying)
- Item/Item Representations/Subitems
- Value Set/Special Values
- Modifying the Dictionary elements
- Document Dictionary Items
- Relative and absolute positioning
- Adding and modifying relations
- Modifying Item Lengths and Dictionary Macros
Module 3: Data Entry Forms
- Creating Data Entry Application
- Generating Data Entry Forms
- Data entry Tree
- Running Data Entry Application
- Changing data entry Characteristics
- Data Entry Editing
- Computer-Assisted Personal Interviewing(CAPI) data Entry
Module 4: Introduction to Batch Applications and Data Entry Operation
- Introduction to Batch Applications
- Batch Editing
- Planning a Data Entry Operation
- Operator and System Controlled Modes
- Operator-Controlled Mode
- System-Controlled Mode
Module 5: Tabulation and Data Export to other formats
- Tabulation Applications
- Selecting a Tabulation Application to Run
- Defining File Associations
- Table viewer
- Formatting tables
- Export selected data variables to other formats (SPSS, Stata, Excel etc.)
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com