EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Training on Achievement of Gender Equity in Development Projects
This training is aimed at building the capacity and commitment of participants to undertake programs targeted at eradicating gender-based violence and to develop a new movement for gender equality.
This course offers a detailed examination of the concepts of gender, gender-based violence, sexuality, and rights. It further seeks to explore the impact of gender-based violence on various sectors of development e.g, education, health and agricultural development.
The overall purpose of the training programme is to increase participant’s knowledge and understanding of the concept of gender, and gender-based violence, sexuality, and rights. It will further take a look at the various forms of gender-based violence and the core principles for a code of conduct, reporting mechanisms and develop a programmatic response
- The Concept of Gender and Development
- Gender Role Expectations and Stereotypes
- Institutional/System Influences on Gender Stereotypes
- Gender perceptions and expectations
- Perceptions of Women and Men
- Gender Roles
- Types of Gender Roles
- Cultural Basis of Gender Stereotyping
- Strategies for Challenging and Eliminating Gender Stereotypes and Barriers
- Gender roles, relations and life choices
- Gender Roles and Power Relationship
- Gender Roles and Relationships Matrix
- Variables used in Generating Data
- Gender Analysis Frameworks
- Gender Analysis Tools
- How to do a Gender Analysis
- How to do a Gendered Analysis
- Gender and Policy Development
- Approaches to Gender Mainstreaming and Integration
- Methods and Strategies of Gender Mainstreaming
- The Role of Men in Gender Mainstreaming
- Challenges to Effective Gender Mainstreaming
- Gender Mainstreaming and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
EVENT DETAILS & ONLINE BOOKING
To view event details and register online to book your spot, click on this link [Online Registration Form ]
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on the details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.