EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Training Course on Strengthening Health Systems
August 27, 2018 @ 8:00 am - August 31, 2018 @ 5:00 pm$70000
Training Course on Strengthening Health Systems
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development recognises health as a foundation for social and economic development and political security. The Sustainable Development Goals call for a shift from an exclusive focus on ending preventable maternal, newborn and child deaths to also ensuring health and well-being for all and reducing inequalities in health. To deliver on these ambitious goals, UNICEF is moving to a health systems strengthening approach to programming and advocacy. Strong, flexible and well-resourced health systems are essential to achieving universal access to a core package of services, or universal health coverage, and ensuring global health security, including resilience in the context of health and other emergencies.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
This course is designed for middle- to senior-level managers working in public health from national, provincial government or international agencies and non-governmental organisations, who are responsible for health programmes in communicable and non-communicable diseases, their various administrative aspects and donor communications for the implementation of health programmes.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Describe the key features of health systems and the ways they differ across and within countries, as well as the levels of health systems from the national capital to remote communities, appreciate how health systems interact with other sectors;
• Apply evidence-based tools and approaches in different contexts (e.g. emergency, fragile, low medium and high capacity), and identify how to improve processes related to data collection and analysis at the national, regional and local levels for both planning and monitoring progress;
• Define key measures of inequity at a national level, and use these measures to identify vulnerable populations and the possible causes of their inequitable access to health services;
• Adapt existing tools and approaches for strengthening community-based health systems and participatory health governance to fit different local contexts and sectors;
• Undertake analyses of the financial barriers to health care, drawing appropriate policy implications and identifying potential social protection interventions;
• Describe how a rights based approach to maternal and newborn and child health can improve quality of care, identify priorities from other sectors required to provide an enabling environment for quality care, and apply appropriate approaches and relevant tools to monitor quality of health services;
• Map key actors and partners in the private sector and civil society for effective leveraging and influencing, and identify opportunities and regulatory gaps.
The content consists of the following modules:
• Introduction to Health Systems and Health Systems Strengthening
• UNICEF Analytical Framework
• National level HSS Actions
• Decentralized Management Capacity
• Human Resources for Health
• Health Financing
• Community-level Health Systems and Community Engagement
• Data and Information for Action, Accountability and Learning
• Supply Chain Management
• Social Protection for Addressing Financial Barriers in Health Systems
• Quality of Care
• Private Sector and Civil Society (CSO) Engagement
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
• The participant must be conversant with English
• Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work.
• Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
• Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
• The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and A Certificate of successful completion of Training.
• Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
• Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
• One-yearpost-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
• Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, so as to enable us prepare better for you
The workshop focuses on processing a population census or demographic survey, but participants are encouraged to bring any questionnaire relevant to their job responsibilities. It will be conducted in a hands-on, product-oriented environment. Each participant will have exclusive use of a computer, a tablet or Smartphone, and will receive the latest version of the CSPro software.
ONLINE TRAINING IS NOW AVAILABLE
START DATE: 08/27/2018
END DATE: 08/31/2018
APPLY ONLINE: https://bit.ly/2LUKJAu
Postal Add: 5402-00100
Email Add: email@example.com
Mobile No: +254724527104
Head Office: Comet House 1st floor 12A, Along Monrovia Street