EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Training Course on M&E for Development Results.
July 16 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$800
Training Course on M&E for Development Results.
This course equips participants with skills in setting up and implementing results based monitoring and evaluation systems. The participants will benefit from the latest M&E practices including the results and participatory approaches. This course will bring learning to practice for participants to learn about the results levels and their linkage with indicators and techniques for tracking and assessing the progress of a project with the aim of achieving long term results.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is meant for Project Managers, Statisticians & Researchers, Planners & Monitors and Evaluators, NGOS & Government Ministries and Central Banks & Universities
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
• Determine the relevant stakeholders involved in monitoring and evaluation of projects
• Clarify key project results levels
• Design a project using logical framework
• Develop indicators and targets for each result level
• Track performance indicators over the life of the project
• Evaluation a project against the set results
• Develop and implement an M&E system
• Develop a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation plan
Introduction to Results Based Project Management
• Fundamentals of Results Based Management
• Why is RBM important?
• Results based management vs traditional projects management
• RBM Lifecycle (seven phases)
• Areas of focus of RBM
Fundamentals of Monitoring and Evaluation
• Definition of Monitoring and Evaluation
• Why Monitoring and Evaluation is important
• Key principles and concepts in M&E
• M&E in project lifecycle
• Participatory M&E
• Situation Analysis
• Needs Assessment
• Strategy Analysis
Design of Results in Monitoring and Evaluation
• Results chain approaches: Impact, outcomes, outputs and activities
• Results framework
• M&E causal pathway
• Principles of planning, monitoring and evaluating for results
• Indicators definition
• Indicator metrics
• Linking indicators to results
• Indicator matrix
• Tracking of indicators
Logical Framework Approach
• LFA – Analysis and Planning phase
• Design of logframe
• Risk rating in logframe
• Horizontal and vertical logic in logframe
• Using logframe to create schedules: Activity and Budget schedules
• Using logframe as a project management tool
Theory of Change
• Overview of theory of change
• Developing theory of change
• Theory of Change vs Log Frame
• Case study: Theory of change
• What is an M&E System?
• Elements of M&E System
• Steps for developing Results based M&E System
• Importance of an M&E Plan
• Documenting M&E System in the M&E Plan
• Components of an M&E Plan-Monitoring, Evaluation, Data management, Reporting
• Using M&E Plan to implement M&E in a Project
• M&E plan vs Performance Management Plan (PMP)
Baseline Survey in Results based M&E
• Importance of baseline studies
• Process of conducting baseline studies
• Baseline study vs evaluation
Project Performance Evaluation
• Process and progress evaluations
• Evaluation research design
• Evaluation questions
• Evaluation report Dissemination
• Why impact evaluation is important
• Project attribution
• Counterfactual in IE
• Analysis techniques in IE;DID, PSM
M&E Data Management
• Different sources of M&E data
• Qualitative data collection methods
• Quantitative data collection methods
• Participatory methods of data collection
• Data Quality Assessment
M&E Results Use and Dissemination
• Stakeholder’s information needs
• Use of M&E results to improve and strengthen projects
• Use of M&E Lessons learnt and Best Practices
• Organization knowledge champions
• M&E reporting format
• M&E results communication strategies
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
• The participant must be conversant with English
• Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work.
• Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
• Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
• The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and A Certificate of successful completion of Training.
• Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
• Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
• One-yearpost-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
• Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, so as to enable us prepare better for you
The workshop focuses on processing a population census or demographic survey, but participants are encouraged to bring any questionnaire relevant to their job responsibilities. It will be conducted in a hands-on, product-oriented environment. Each participant will have exclusive use of a computer, a tablet or Smartphone, and will receive the latest version of the CSPro software.
ONLINE TRAINING IS NOW AVAILABLE
START DATE: 08/13/2018
END DATE: 08/17/2018
APPLY ONLINE: https://bit.ly/2L6ngZu
START DATE: 08/27/2018
END DATE: 08/31/2018
APPLY ONLINE: https://bit.ly/2L07Nh0
Postal Add: 5402-00100
Email Add: email@example.com
Mobile No: +254724527104
Head Office: Comet House 1st floor 12A, Along Monrovia Street