EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Training Course on M & E, Data Management & Analysis for Health Sector Programmes Course
June 18 @ 9:00 am - June 22 @ 5:00 pm$1100
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 18th -22th June 2018.
Monitoring and evaluation (M&E) skills are fundamental to the process of designing and implementing programs, analyzing and using data, and conducting advocacy for population and health programs.
In order to build the capacity of M&E professionals who are actively engaged in the health sector, this one week course will provide hands-on training in M&E systems and the application of M&E data to decision making in health programming. The workshop offers intensive training that will cover the fundamental concepts and tools for M&E in health programs.
Data management and analysis will be done using Ms Excel and Stata but participant can also opt for either SPSS or R.
This workshop also presents a practical guide for using a geographic information system (GIS) to integrate, visualize, and analyze geographically-referenced data extracted from key data sets to facilitate monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of HIV/AIDS and related health programs.
- Monitor programme inputs, processes and results required for management of health System performance.
- Understand concepts, methods, and tools for monitoring of health sector programs including HIV/AIDS, Malaria and Tuberculosis prevention and care programs.
- Identify ways to overcome barriers to conducting effective health sector program monitoring.
- Select appropriate indicators for measuring program outputs and outcomes.
- Conduct HIV/AIDS, Malaria and Tuberculosis program monitoring using appropriate methods and tools.
- Competently use data analysis software package (STATA)
- Get basic knowledge of analyzing qualitative data for health sector programmes
- Use NVivo qualitative data analysis software
- Use Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and GPS to gather data, collaborate and share information.
- Communicate findings to stimulate learning and reflection.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED IN THE PROGRAM
- M&E fundamentals
- M&E frameworks
- Gender M&E
- Communication and reporting in M&E
- Data collection, management and data quality
- Data use
- Introduction to data analysis and interpretation for health programmes
- Summarizing data
- Introduction to qualitative data analysis
- Quantitative Data Analysis
- Economic Evaluations
How to participate
- Tailor Made Course
- Register as Individual
- Register as a Group
- Become One of Our Partners.
- Purchase software’s
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
View related courses
- International Training on Monitoring and Evaluation for Development Results Course
- Performance Management and Appraisal Course
- Training course on Monitoring and Evaluation for Governance (Decentralization and Local Governance)
- M & E, Data Management & Analysis for Agriculture & Rural Development Programmes Course
The most popular courses
- Crop Biotechnology Course
- Health Education and Promotion Course
- Designing and Conducting Surveys for M&E Course
- Implementation of ICT in Education with Moodle Course
- Human Rights Leadership Development
- GIS and Remote Sensing in Mining and Exploration Course
- Negotiation Skills for Support Officers Course
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: email@example.com. Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 11th June 2018.
Send proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.