EventsAdd your own event!
Training Course on Integrated Water Resource Management
September 25, 2017 @ 8:00 am - September 29, 2018 @ 5:00 pm| $1000
Water is crucial for industry and agriculture, as well as for the health and quality of life of a nation’s citizens. Investment in efficient and sustainable infrastructure, for both urban and agricultural supply, has proven to yield great economic return. Unfortunately, water has been taken for granted for too long in too many countries. Climate change, rising population growth and increased urbanization are predicted to change that reality severely. This training programme is intended to share the methods of the integrated water resources management practices and to encourage the best use of these precious resources in other regions of the world.
This course is intended for various actors in the Agriculture Extension (Agricultural extension officers, senior agricultural officials and policy makers) working with communities, in governments, funding agencies, Research organizations and non-government organizations among others for Agriculture support activities and other Development programmes.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
• Improve water resources management through the implementation of applicable and effective integrated management tools and techniques.
• Develop skills and knowledge required for urgent needs in the water resources sector.
• Understand the concept of Integrated water resources management in relation to climate change.
• Have a greater understanding of ethe ssence of integrated water resources management.
• Gain understanding on preparations for water scarcity or floods and enhance preparedness for such occurrences.
• Introduction to integrated water resources management
• Water and national economic development
• Cost Effective technologies for minimizing water Loss
• Climate change and its impact on water
• Pollution control and prevention of waterborne diseases
• Wastewater treatment and recycling
• Safe water reuse for productive agriculture
• Storm water management
• Desertification abatement
• Water supply economics
• Predictions of water scarcity and preparedness
Proficiency in use of English language
Meet admission criteria
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.