EventsAdd your own event!
Training Course on Improving Health and Nutrition
May 1 - May 5| $706
While most of us know that good nutrition is essential in helping us feel our best and reach our optimal health; finding time to eat a balanced diet on a daily basis seems a formidable task in this fast-paced affluent society. The good news is that by taking charge of your diet, you can improve your health while reducing your risk of lifestyle diseases such as heart disease or cancer.
Good nutrition is therefore one of the keys to good health. This five day training is aimed at developing healthier communities by filling in the gaps between nutrition and health.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is intended for various actors in the Agriculture Extension (Agricultural extension officers, senior agricultural officials and policy makers) working with communities, in governments, funding agencies, Public Health Officers, Research organizations and non-government organizations among others for Agriculture support activities and other Development programmes.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the basic principles of nutrition and how they relate to overall health and exercise performance.
- Understand the impact of lifestyle on health, and the ways one can modify lifestyle to affect disease or promote health.
- Establish nutrition disorders, prescribe therapeutic diets, and provide preliminary counseling on specific nutrient needs.
- Implement health maintenance and preventive nutrition care.
- Use medical nutrition remedies (such as nutrition assessment methods, behavioral counseling) for personal self-care where desirable.
- Create and evaluate a comprehensive educational and instructional nutrition tool or a care plan program using appropriate technologies.