EventsAdd your own event!
Time Series Analysis and Modelling Course
November 27 @ 8:00 am - December 1 @ 4:00 pm| $1100
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 27th November – 1st December 2017.
The course will show how economic and financial time series can be modeled and analyzed. The aim is to provide understanding and insight into the methods used, as well as explaining the technical details. Statistical modeling will be demonstrated using the Stata Software and participants will be given the opportunity to use Stata in class. Statistical modeling will be demonstrated using the Stata Software.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Participants are expected to have attended the previous course on Data Management, Graphics and Statistical analysis using Stata or to be familiar with Stata software.
- Understand the definitions, features and objectives of time series modeling.
- Understand descriptive analysis of time series, plots, aggregation, smoothing and regression techniques.
- Understand and conduct periodic regression and ARIMA modeling using stationary time series.
- Using ARIMA modeling (Box & Jenkins), understand and use auto-correlation functions and partial auto-correlation functions to study how much an observation at a given time is related to observation at previous lags.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Stationary time series
- Unobserved components and signal extraction.
- Time Series Models
- ARIMA models
- Structural time series models
- Explanatory variables and intervention analysis
- State space models and the Kalman filter.
- Signal extraction.
- Missing observations and other data irregularities
- Spectral analysis
- Spectra of ARMA processes; stochastic cycles; linear filters; estimation of spectrum
- Trends and cycles
- Analysis of the effects of moving average and differencing operations
- Hodrick-Prescott and band-pass filters. Seasonality
- Multivariate time series models
- Common trends and co-integration; control groups
- Nonlinear models. Financial econometrics; distributions of returns, stochastic volatility and GARCH
- Dynamic conditional score models
- Multivariate volatility models.
How to participate
- Tailors make your course.
- Register individual.
- Register as a group
- Become one of our partners.
- Purchase software’s
- Frequently asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
- Data Management and Analysis for Surveys using Stata Course
- Processing and Analysis of Data for Surveys/Assessment (Methodology and Softeware) Course
- Panel Data Analysis using Stata
- Advanced Excel Course
The most popular courses
- Digital marketing (Email & Social Media) and Brand Online Visibility.
- Establishing and strengthening farmer organizations.
- Proposal Preparation Using the Logical Framework Approach.
- GIS Analysis for WASH Programmes.
- Strategic Financial Management.
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.