EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
The Humanitarian Blockchain Summit
November 10, 2017Free – $60
This is a featured organizational post on PCDN
The Humanitarian Blockchain Summit will bring technology experts, scholars, and humanitarian practitioners together for dynamic discussions about the future of blockchain technology in humanitarian operations and in pursuit of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Blockchain technology holds great potential for improving these operations—whether it’s used to transfer cash to disaster victims, coordinate the delivery of supplies, streamline humanitarian financing, or make humanitarian projects more gender-inclusive.
The summit is designed for those interested in using blockchain for tangible humanitarian impact. Breakout sessions will focus on overcoming challenges to using blockchain, as well as identifying the best ways to develop humanitarian-friendly blockchain platforms, among other topics. The sessions will also include collaborative exercises and presentations about how some organizations are using blockchain.
The goal of the event is for participants to recommend policies for using blockchain in specific humanitarian interventions through:
- Highlighting a range of piloted and pioneered blockchain initiatives for humanitarian action;
- Facilitating the ethical adoption of humanitarian blockchain solutions in response to technical, legal, and governance challenges facing the humanitarian sector;
- Bringing together people from across sectors to foster new partnerships, encourage technical collaboration, and explore nontraditional funding sources;
- Curating existing open-source tools used in humanitarian blockchain services; and
- Building a digital community of developers interested in impacting humanitarian assistance.
For more information and to register, visit: http://bit.ly/2i7yT5f