EventsAdd your own event!
Resilient Livelihoods Training
June 17 - June 21
Event Details : Resilient Livelihoods Training
Secure livelihoods are characterized by households that have different activities within the community that provide income, shelter, and other factors to ensure their well-being. This ensures that the society has adequate resources to fall back on in times of need.
Livelihood security can be promoted through improving diversity and security of resources, skills, and technologies that are available to agricultural communities. This training event is therefore intended to enable households, communities, and countries build resilience so as to strengthen their ability to manage change by maintaining or transforming their living standards in the face of shocks or stresses without compromising their long-term prospects.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Gain basic skills in livelihoods.
- Improve home-based livelihood opportunities for the rural poor.
- Acquire knowledge on agricultural livelihoods.
- Gain skills on cross-cutting roles in building livelihood resilience.
- Develop and describe how GIS can be used to study climate change and its consequences.
- Apply GIS as a decision support tool for climate change, agriculture and food security.
- Assess spatial data availability and understand the importance of spatial data infrastructure, for data sharing by organizations involved in; climate change, disaster reduction, agriculture and food security.
Introduction to livelihoods
Cross-cutting roles in building livelihood resilience
Climate-Smart livelihoods management and application of GIS techniques
Data collection and analysis
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
Register Online to participate in this training.
For further inquiries, please contact us on
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.