EventsAdd your own event!
Qualitative Research Data Management and Analysis Using NVivo Training (30th October- 3rd, November, 2017)
October 30 @ 8:00 am - November 3 @ 5:00 pm| $1050
If we want to broaden or deepen our understanding of how things came to be the way they are in our social world, qualitative research has no substitute. In recent years, there has been an increase in the number of qualitative studies been carried. Qualitative research usually produces large amounts of textual data in the form of transcripts and field notes. The systematic and rigorous preparation and analysis of qualitative data are usually time-consuming and Labour intensive. To lessen this burden, it is important that researchers become aware of NVivo. NVivo has features such as character-based coding, rich text capabilities and multimedia functions that are crucial for qualitative data management.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is a general course targeting participants wishing to analyze rich messy qualitative data. The participants can be from Social, Agriculture, Economics, Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Education, Medical or public health professionals among others who wish to be conversant with the concepts and applications of NVivo Software. No prior Knowledge is required.
The training will enable participants to;
- Explore the function of NVivo
- Create a project
- Undertake deductive and inductive qualitative data coding using NVivo
- Manage your project material with finds and collections
- Import and create sources – documents, PDFs, media files data sets and social media
- Create and use classifications
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Module 1: NVivo and qualitative research
- Qualitative Data
- Types of Qualitative Data
- Sources of Qualitative data
- Qualitative vs Quantitative
- NVivo key terms
- The NVivo Workspace
Module 2: Getting Started with NVivo
- Creating a new project
- Opening and Saving project
- Working with Qualitative data files
- Importing Documents
Module 3: Working with Codes and Nodes
- Type of Nodes,
- Creating nodes
- Browsing Nodes
- Creating Memos
- Memos, annotations and links
- Creating a linked memo
Module 4: Summarizing the Data
- Creating Attributes within NVivo
- Importing Attributes from a Spreadsheet
- Getting Results; Coding Query and Matrix Query
Module 5: Visualize your project
- Display your data in charts
- Create models and graphs to visualize connections
- Create reports and extracts
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com