EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Public Private Partnership for Development Course
August 6, 2018 @ 9:00 am - August 7, 2018 @ 5:00 pm$440
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 06th -07th August 2018.
The course provides a platform for participants to gain a comprehensive understanding of the pros and cons of Public Private Partnerships (PPPs), and the mechanisms to successfully implement PPP in a developing country. Participants will also study the relevant organizational structures, effective regulation, enabling legislation, and risk management techniques necessary for well-designed procurement approaches and timely financing for PPP projects, while achieving the objectives of affordability and value-for-money for all stakeholders.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This training is suitable for anyone with a general interest in PPPs and desire to increase their understanding about PPPs. The course provides insight into key concepts and issues in developing, procuring and implementing PPPs.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the importance of public-private partnerships to emergency preparedness and planning.
- Identify roles and responsibilities in public-private partnerships.
- Identify how to establish and sustain partnerships by communicating a common mission.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- What are partnerships?
- The drivers, societal roles, mindset and challenges of each sector
- Understand the current landscape, and how this affects your organization
- Strategic issues for partnerships
- Make the case for partnering: what do you want to achieve and why?
- Setting up and managing the partnership
- Build trust with key stakeholders, by navigating leadership and cultural issues
- Interest-based negotiation
- Working in a partnership environment
- Understand the dynamic partnership ‘black box’
- Using coaching and mentoring in partnerships
- Developing an action plan for your return to work
- Case studies and examples of successful and failed PPP projects
How to participate
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802,