EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Public Health in WASH during Emergencies Training
October 22, 2018 - October 26, 2018$1050.00
Event Details: Public Health in WASH during Emergencies Training
In the event of a disaster, the existing water storage facilities are inadequate to meet the current or expected demands. The existing water supply pipelines are vulnerable and basic WASH materials are lacking to meet the demand in the event of the disaster. Preparedness and response capacities of health facilities are insufficient due to the lack of trained professional human resources, lack of coordination and inadequate policies. Issues at Health Sector level include the lack of health personnel preparedness for hazards other than epidemics, lack of awareness and knowledge on DRM, the lack of implementation of the health disaster preparedness and response plans, and no mechanism for networking and resources sharing.
- Epidemiological Management During Emergency
- Solid/ Medical Waste Management
- Sanitation, its importance, type and its use during emergency
- Practical on toilet construction during an emergency
- Six Steps to Hygiene Promotion
- Communicating Hygiene
- Conclusion: Hygiene Promotion: Practical and Effective
- Application of GIS in WASH and public health
- Spatial Data collection in GIS for WASH and public health
EVENT BOOKING & CONTACTS DETAILS
To register online to book your spot, click on this link [Event Online Registration Form ] then fill and submit the online registration form
Call us: +254 739 167 709 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org