EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Project Design, Proposal Writing and Fundraising Training
February 11 - February 15$10 – $1050
The training is expected to help participants understand the need for projects in development, appreciate the phases in project management, develop a practical project idea and write a comprehensive project proposal. It will also equip participants to come up with possible project funding sources, liaise with stakeholders in project idea initiation and develop fundraising initiatives.
Upon completion of the programme, participants should be able to:
- Understand the need for projects in development
- Appreciate the phases in project management
- Development a practical project idea and comprehensive project proposal
- Come up with possible project funding sources
- Liaise with stakeholders in project idea initiation and fundraising initiatives
The training is targeted to Officers involved in development work, Community Leaders, Policymakers, Project Managers and Donors and project sponsors among other development actors.
TRAINING COURSE OUTLINE
- Management principles and practices
- Project Definition
- The role of projects in development
- A detailed description of project structure and activities.
- Basics of project management phases
- Project design
- Project timeline
- Project evaluation
- Relevance of project phases in proposal writing and formulation
- The sections of a standard project/grant proposal:
- Assessing institutional capabilities
- Model for proposal development
- Techniques for writing winning proposals
- Problem/need assessment
- Gathering background information
- Defining the approach
- Why proposals get rejected
- Writing the statement of need
- Writing procedures
- Preparing the budget
- Setting fundraising goals
- Developing a fundraising plan
- Developing fundraising plan calendar
- Connecting organization/programs to funder interests
- Developing fundraising strategies
- Mobilizing non-profit boards to fundraise
- Evaluating funding prospects
- Choosing funding partners
- Approaching individual donors and institutional funders
- Fostering strong working relationships with grant makers
- New trends in grant making
- Grant-maker decision-making process
- Staff roles in fundraising efforts
- Action planning
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com