EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Participatory Rural Development Action
January 8 @ 8:00 am - January 12 @ 5:00 pm$1100
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 08th – 12th January 2017.
With growing emphasis on participatory approaches towards development, there has been recognition that monitoring and evaluation (M&E) should also be participatory. Conventionally, M&E has involved outside experts coming in to measure performance against pre-set indicators, using standardized procedures and tools. In contrast, participatory monitoring and evaluation (PM&E) involves primary stakeholders as active participants and offers new ways of assessing and learning from change that are more inclusive, and reflects the perspectives and aspirations of those most directly affected.
This course is intended to broaden participants’ understanding of participatory monitoring and evaluation (PM&E) as a support to program/project management at different levels and as a tool for strengthening participation, enhancing local capacity, and increasing local people’s confidence and control over development decisions and processes. The course examines PM&E concepts and principles, as well as methods, tools and techniques, which have been tested and used in the field.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course is intended for planning, monitoring and evaluation officers, program officers, project managers, research/action research officers, trainer/extension workers, community animators/facilitators and advocacy workers, with at least 2 years direct experience in either planning, implementing or managing monitoring and evaluation activities. Participants are requested
to bring information materials describing their organizations and monitoring and evaluation activities. English proficiency is a requirement.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Introduction to Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation (PME)
- Steps in the development and implementation of PME process
- Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation Frameworks
- Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation Plans
- Techniques and Tools for PM&E
- Participatory Planning and Design
- Selecting indicators for Participatory Monitoring & Evaluation
- Participatory Action Research (PAR)
- Participatory Baselines
- Data Analysis for Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation
- Participatory Impact Assessment
- Participatory M & E Report writing
- GIS & GPS Techniques for mapping in Participatory M&E
How to participate.
- Tailor makes your course.
- Register as an
- Register as a
- Become our partner.
- Purchase software.
- Frequently asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
- Advocacy and Lobbying skills Course
- Debt Collection and Credit Management Course
- Procurement and Supply Chain Management Course
- Corporate Social Responsibility Course
The most popular courses
- Food Safety and Hygiene Management Course
- Epidemiology and Biostatistics with Stata Course
- Introduction to Occupational Health and Safety Course
- Result Based Monitoring and Evaluation Course
- Contingency Planning Course
- Knowledge Management Course
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer. Email: email@example.com Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 1st January 2017. Send proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org