EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Nutrition and Food Safety Course
January 22, 2018 @ 8:00 am - February 2, 2018 @ 5:00 pm$2200
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 22nd-02nd February 2018
To live, we must eat. The kind of food we eat affects how our bodies work. Not eating enough or not eating the right kinds of foods can cause people to have a higher risk of illness and death. Throughout the entire life cycle, good nutrition results in greater cognitive, motor, and social development, educational attainment, productivity, and lifetime earnings. On the other hand, the safety, quality and nutritional value of the food we eat is of fundamental importance to our health and wellbeing. Food safety and nutrition are therefore key concerns for public health.
This course is purposed to enlighten the participants on basic principles of Nutrition, health and food safety. They will learn about macro and micronutrients, digestion, food safety and technology and nutrition for an active lifestyle. Participants will also conduct a thorough self-dietary analysis.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is highly recommended to community health extension workers working in areas that experience frequent famines and droughts, projects officers in NGO’s, teachers/children care givers, food service professionals and to team leaders of corporate organizations. It is also suitable for anyone wishing to know more about nutrition and those willing to live a healthy lifestyle focusing on lifestyle disease prevention.
After completing this course, the participants shall be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of essential nutrients and evaluate the use of scientific research to determine nutrient needs.
- Examine the various factors that make a healthy diet and design menus using My Pyramid and Dietary Guidelines.
- Outline the functions of (carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, vitamins) and discuss the effects of deficiency and excess intake.
- Assess the importance of water and minerals to the human body.
- Describe problems associated with obesity and discuss how it can be treated.
- Discuss healthy ways to buy, prepare, cook, and preserve food.
- Outline the causes and effects of a few eating disorders and discuss the possible modes of treatment.
- Nutrition and You
- Human Physiology
- Water and Minerals
- Fitness and Weight Control Energy Balance
- Eating Disorders
- Food Safety
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request to a minimum of 4 participants. You can have it delivered in our training center or at a convenient location.
How to participate
View related courses
- ICT for HIV/AIDS Surveillance and Reporting.
- Mapping Nutrition Preparedness in Emergency.
- Nutrition Assessment and Survey using ENA/ EPIINFO.
- Awareness and Prevention of Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Prevention and Awareness of Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
The most popular courses
- Integrated Pest Management.
- Awareness and Prevention of Sexually Transmitted Diseases..
- M & E, Data Management & Analysis for Agriculture & Rural Development Programmes..
- ICT for Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) ..
- Mainstreaming Disaster Risk Reduction into National Development Process..
- GIS and Remote Sensing in Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change..
- Project Management Skills for International community development officers.
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: email@example.com. Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 15th January 2018.
Send proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.