EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Nutrition and Food Safety Course
January 16 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$2200
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 12th -23rd February 2018.
In order to live, we must eat. The kind of food we eat affects how our bodies work. Not eating enough or not eating the right kinds of foods can cause people to have a higher risk of illness and death. Throughout the entire life cycle, good nutrition results in greater cognitive, motor, and social development, educational attainment, productivity, and lifetime earnings. On the other hand, the safety, quality and nutritional value of the food we eat is of fundamental importance to our health and wellbeing. Food safety and nutrition are therefore key concerns for public health.
This course is purposed to enlighten the participants on basic principles of Nutrition, health and food safety. They will learn about macro and micronutrients, digestion, food safety and technology and nutrition for an active lifestyle. Participants will also conduct a thorough self-dietary analysis.
Who should attend?
This course is highly recommended to community health extension workers working in areas that experience frequent famines and droughts, projects officers in NGO’s, teachers/children care givers, food service professionals and to team leaders of corporate organizations. It is also suitable for anyone wishing to know more about nutrition and those willing to live a healthy lifestyle focusing on lifestyle disease prevention.
After completing this course, the participants shall be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of essential nutrients and evaluate the use of scientific research to determine nutrient needs.
- Examine the various factors that make a healthy diet and design menus using My Pyramid and Dietary Guidelines.
- Outline the functions of (carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, vitamins) and discuss the effects of deficiency and excess intake.
- Assess the importance of water and minerals to the human body.
- Describe problems associated with obesity and discuss how it can be treated.
- Discuss healthy ways to buy, prepare, cook, and preserve food.
- Outline the causes and effects of a few eating disorders and discuss the possible modes of treatment.
- Nutrition and You
- Human Physiology
- Water and Minerals
- Fitness and Weight Control Energy Balance
- Eating Disorders
- Food Safety
How to participate
- Tailor Make a Course
- Register as an Individual
- Register as a Group
- Become One of Our Partners.
- Purchase software’s
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
View related courses
- Mapping Nutrition Preparedness in Emergency.
- Nutrition Assessment and Survey using ENA/ EPIINFO.
- Introduction to Health Systems Management Course
- Diseases Surveillance and Reporting Course
- Reproductive Health and Rights Course
The most popular courses
- Nutrition and Food Safety Course
- Data Management & Analyses for Surveys using Stata Course
- Result Based Monitoring and Evaluation Course
- Use of ICT Tools in Epidemiology Course
- Disaster Risk Reduction Course
- GIS and Remote Sensing for agricultural resource management Course
- Strategic Financial Management Course
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: email@example.com. Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 05h February 2018.
Send proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.