EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Mobile Phones Tools for Monitoring and Evaluation Course
March 5 @ 9:00 am - March 9 @ 4:30 pm$1100
Event: Mobile Phones Tools for Monitoring and Evaluation Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Naivasha, Kenya.
Event Date: 5th March– 9th March 2018
Data collection and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) have always been integral parts of development work. In the past, these tasks were performed with paper and pen, which made them prone to error, difficult to conduct on a large scale, and high in transaction costs.
Information and communication technology (ICT) tools, including hardware like mobile phones and tablets are now widely used in surveys. This course will enlighten participants on how to create digital surveys with the help of soft wares that allows users to upload data to storage facilities in real-time; hence reducing challenges associated with remote data collection for monitoring and evaluation.
The course will introduce participants to tools and techniques of gathering data for project/ programme outcomes using innovative Mobile data gathering tools.
At the end of the course, you will become familiar with use of ICT tools on conducting data collection exercise.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Survey Authoring
• Preparing the mobile phone for data collection
• Designing forms manually: Using XLS Forms
• Advanced survey Authoring
• Hosting survey data (Online)
• Hosting Survey Data (Configuring a local server)
• Downloading data
• Working with Spatial data (GPS Coordinates)
• Choice of Platform
• Project using a real survey from participants
Visit our website for more details
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
• Tailor Made Training
• Register as an Individual
• Register as a Group
• Become one of Our Partners
• Purchase Software
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
View related courses
• Theory of Change in Project Development Course
• Effective Project Proposal and Report Writing Course
• Designing and Conducting Surveys for M&E Course
• Logframes and the Logical Framework Approach Course
The most popular courses
• Mobile Phone Based Data Collection Using ODK Course
• Data Management, Analysis, and Graphics using Stata Course
• Advanced Data Processing and Management using Census and Survey Processing System (CSPro) Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing in Land Cover, Land Change Analysis Course
• Reproductive Health and Rights Course
View our Project Management, Monitoring and Development Evaluation Course Catalogue
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 731 240 802
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814.
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 2nd March 2018.
Send proof of payment to email@example.com.