EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Mobile Data Collection and Mapping for M&E and Scientists Course
June 18 @ 9:00 am - June 22 @ 5:00 pm$1100
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 18th -22th June 2018.
Data collection has always been an integral part of development work. In the past, this task was performed with paper and pen, which made it prone to error, difficult to conduct on a large scale, and high in transaction costs.
ICT tools such as mobile devices and software that allows users to create surveys, collect, manage and upload data to storage facilities in real-time, have reduced the conventional challenges associated with remote data collection.
If you have always wanted to learn how to collect, manage and analyze project data using mobile devices, this training course is for you.
THIS COURSE IS SUITABLE FOR PEOPLE WORKING IN
Impact Evaluation, Monitoring and Evaluation, Academic Research, Market Research, Field Research, Agriculture, Health, Education, WASH, Handicapped, Human rights, Emergencies/disasters, Advocacy, Education, Environment, Small business development, Community development, Rural development, Women, Youth, Population, Rehabilitation, Culture, Capacity Building, Appropriate technology, Income, generation, Private sector, Refugees/displaced
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This training course is suitable for anyone who is interested in learning how to collect and manage data using mobile devices.
The course will introduce participants to tools and techniques to collect data using innovative mobile data collection tools.
At the end of the course, you will become familiar with using ICT tools and methods to conduct data collection, statistical analysis and reporting.
SOFTWARE AND PLATFORMS
- ODK – Open Data Kit
- Microsoft Excel
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Mobile Data Collection Using ODK
- Mobile Data Collection Using KoBoToolbox
- Mobile Data Collection, Messaging and Visualization on any device using Magpi
- Introduction to GIS
- Presentation and review of participants course projects with the instructors.
How to participate
- Tailor Made Course
- Register as Individual
- Register as a Group
- Become One of Our Partners.
- Purchase software’s
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
View related courses
- International Training on Monitoring and Evaluation for Development Results Course
- Performance Management and Appraisal Course
- Training course on Monitoring and Evaluation for Governance (Decentralization and Local Governance)
- M & E, Data Management & Analysis for Agriculture & Rural Development Programmes Course
The most popular courses
- Crop Biotechnology Course
- Health Education and Promotion Course
- Designing and Conducting Surveys for M&E Course
- Implementation of ICT in Education with Moodle Course
- Human Rights Leadership Development
- GIS and Remote Sensing in Mining and Exploration Course
- Negotiation Skills for Support Officers Course
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 11th June 2018.
Send proof of payment to email@example.com.