EventsAdd your own event!
Mapping Nutrition Preparedness in Emergency Course
November 27 @ 8:00 am - December 1 @ 5:00 pm| $1100
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 27th -01st December, 2017.
Nutrition in emergencies has two broad objectives: preventing deaths and protecting peoples’ right to nutrition. When disaster strikes, people who are already malnourished before the emergency are more vulnerable to illness and death. The communities affected by the emergency are also at risk of malnutrition because of lack of food or only access to inadequate food and water, poor sanitation and lack of access to health services. This training will prepare the participants in nutrition emergencies with the theme to: Prepare for emergencies to prevent hunger and malnutrition.
This course covers basic concepts of GIS under nutrition and response in emergencies, individual assessment and micronutrients. The course aims to inform the public about the importance of preparedness during emergencies, how to respond and what recovery measures can be taken to prevent death and the worsening of malnutrition of affected populations. This training will also strengthen the technical knowledge of individuals working in or aspiring to work in emergency nutrition.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is designed for people working or aspiring to work in emergency nutrition, project coordinators in nutrition implementing agency or academic institution.
MODULES TO BE COVERED/TOPICS
- Basic Concept in Nutrition in Emergency
- Anthropometry and its Use
- Infant Feeding in Emergency (IFE)
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request to a minimum of 4 participants. You can have it delivered in our training centre or at a convenient location.
How to participate
View related courses
- ICT for HIV/AIDS Surveillance and Reporting.
- Mapping Nutrition Preparedness in Emergency.
- Nutrition Assessment and Survey using ENA/ EPIINFO.
- Awareness and Prevention of Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Prevention and Awareness of Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
The most popular courses
- Integrated Pest Management.
- Awareness and Prevention of Sexually Transmitted Diseases..
- M & E, Data Management & Analysis for Agriculture & Rural Development Programmes..
- ICT for Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) ..
- Mainstreaming Disaster Risk Reduction into National Development Process..
- GIS and Remote Sensing in Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change..
- Project Management Skills for International community development officers.
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.