EventsAdd your own event!
Mainstreaming Disaster Risk Reduction into National Development Process Course
June 25 @ 9:00 am - June 29 @ 5:00 pm$1100
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Mombasa, Kenya
Event Date: 25th – 29th June 2018.
Disaster risk within a country has its roots in development decisions that do not adequately address disaster concerns, and the resulting disasters are coming at the cost of development and poverty reduction. By not considering disaster risk in development planning, new risks could be unintentionally created or existing ones exacerbated through investments in infrastructure and public services, and through improper planning and regulation.
Thus it is essential that the process of development planning identifies and analyzes the underlying causes of risk, and factors in measures for risk reduction. By mainstreaming disaster risk reduction into national development processes, disaster risk considerations can be made an integral part of development processes, especially in priority sectors such as agriculture, education, health, housing and roads.
This course has been developed to enhance the capacity of government officials, development partners and stakeholders involved in development planning to mainstream disaster risk reduction into development activities and practices.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course is particularly useful for government officials responsible for disaster risk reduction policy and planning, national development planning, land-use planning, local development or finance; representatives of national forums on the Millennium Development Goals; and related agencies.
The course will also benefit development professionals from development agencies (e.g., UN agencies, bilateral and multilateral agencies and nongovernmental organizations), working closely with government agencies on issues related to development policy, planning and programs.
The goal of the course is to enhance understanding of mainstreaming disaster risk reduction (DRR) into the development planning processes through building the capacities of government officials, development partners and stakeholders to implement disaster resilient development.
The specific objectives of the course include:
- Increasing awareness among participants on the need to mainstream disaster risk reduction into the development planning processes
- Enhancing the capacity of participants on ‘how to’ mainstream disaster risk reduction concerns into the national, sub-national, and sectoral development planning processes
- Application of GIS and RS in disaster risk reduction
- Providing a platform for experience sharing, discussion and interactive professional exchange on mainstreaming disaster reduction in development
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
The course will be delivered through three modules:
- Introduction to disaster risk reduction
- Mainstreaming disaster risk reduction into the development planning process
- GIS and Disaster Risk Reduction
- Hazard, vulnerability and Risk assessment with GIS and RS
- Application of Risk Information for Risk Reduction Planning
- Enabling environment for mainstreaming
How to participate
- Tailor make your course.
- Register as an individual.
- Register as a group.
- Become one of our partners.
- Purchase software’s
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
- Grant Management and Fundraising Course
- ICT for Disaster Response Course
- Disaster Risk Reduction Course
- Collaborative Conflict Resolution Course
- Shelter & Settlement Planning Course
The most popular courses
- Resilience in Food Security Analysis Course
- Causes and Minimization of Post-Harvest Losses Course
- Public Health in WASH during Emergencies Course
- Research Design, Data Management, Analysis & Use Course
- Training course on Monitoring and Evaluation for Governance (Decentralization and Local Governance)
- Use of ICT Tools in Epidemiology Course
- GIS in Energy Course
- Strategic Financial Management Course
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 18th June 2018.
Send proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org