EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
M & E, Data Management & Analysis in Food Security & Nutrition Programmes Course
June 11 @ 9:00 am - June 15 @ 5:00 pm$1100
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 11th – 15th June 2018.
The demand for data on the impact of policies, programmes and interventions on food and nutrition security is rapidly growing. Both governments and civil society have a need for information on food and nutrition conditions and trends and the impact of policies and interventions.
Monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment are undertaken by governments, NGOs, international agencies, and donors. The course emphasizes the need for careful selection of indicators in designing information support systems at various administrative levels and the skills required for analysis and interpretation of data collected for policymaking.
The course is job-oriented and the training approach is interactive. It provides the participants with the possibility to learn from expert facilitators as well as from each other.
Upon completion of the course you will:
- Understand the role of food and nutrition security for attaining the MDGs
- Understand the principles of participatory and learning orientated planning, monitoring and evaluation in food and nutrition security
- Have new insights in the principles of participatory and learning-oriented planning, monitoring and evaluation in food and nutrition security;
- Have strengthened your competence to design an M&E-system including assessments for food and nutrition security programmes and/or projects;
- Have clear ideas for improving M&E systems and impact assessments for food and nutrition security.
TOPIC TO BE COVERED
- M& E Fundamentals
- M&E Frameworks
- Gender M&E
- Step by Step approaches to M&E
- Interpreting and Communicating results for M&E
- Data collection, management and data quality
- ICT tools for data collection, monitoring and evaluation in food security and nutrition
- Data demand and use for food security and nutrition programmes
- Introduction to Data analysis and interpretation for Food Security and Nutrition Programmes
- Summarizing data
- Introduction to qualitative data Analysis
- Quantitative data Analysis
- Assessing Programme Impact on Food Security
- Methods and Approaches for Assessing Impact
How to participate.
- Tailor make your course.
- Register as an individual.
- Register as a group.
- Become one of our partners.
- Purchase software’s
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
- Value for Money Assessment practice in Project Management Course
- Participatory M&E for Rural Development and Community Managed Programmes Course
- Data Management and Analysis for M&E in Food Security and Nutrition Programm Course
- Designing and Conducting Surveys for M&E Course
- Knowledge Management Course
The most popular courses
- Integrated Soil Health and Fertility Management Course
- Agricultural Biotechnology Course
- Health System Decentralization Course
- Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) Efficiency Analysis using Win4DEAP Course
- Microsoft Excel Skills for Business Analysis and Reporting Course
- Social Audit Course
- GIS and Remote Sensing for Epidemiology and Public Health Course
- Organizational speech writing Course
- Fixed Assets Accounting and Management Course
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814. Email email@example.com
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 4th June 2018. Send proof of payment to email@example.com