EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
M & E, Data Management & Analysis in Food Security & Nutrition Programmes Course
January 8 @ 9:00 am - January 12 @ 5:00 pm$1100
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 08th -12th January 2018.
The demand for data on impact of policies, programmes and interventions on food and nutrition security is rapidly growing. Both governments and civil society have a need for information on food and nutrition conditions and trends and the impact of policies and interventions.
Monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment are undertaken by governments, NGOs, international agencies and donors. The course emphasizes the need for careful selection of indicators in designing information support systems at various administrative levels and the skills required for analysis and interpretation of data collected for policy making.
The course is job-oriented and the training approach is interactive. It provides the participants with the possibility to learn from expert facilitators as well as from each other.
Upon completion of the course you will:
- Understand the role of food and nutrition security for attaining the MDGs
- Understand the principles of participatory and learning orientated planning, monitoring and evaluation in food and nutrition security
- Have new insights in the principles of participatory and learning-oriented planning, monitoring and evaluation in food and nutrition security;
- Have strengthened your competence to design an M&E-system including assessments for food and nutrition security programmes and/or projects;
- Have clear ideas for improving M&E systems and impact assessments for food and nutrition security.
TOPIC TO BE COVERED
- M& E Fundamentals
- M&E Frameworks
- Gender M&E
- Step by Step approaches to M&E
- Interpreting and Communicating results for M&E
- Data collection, management and data quality
- ICT tools for data collection, monitoring and evaluation in food security and nutrition
- Data demand and use for food security and nutrition programmes
- Introduction to Data analysis and interpretation for Food Security and Nutrition Programmes
- Summarizing data
- Introduction to qualitative data Analysis
- Quantitative data Analysis
- Assessing Programme Impact on Food Security
- Methods and Approaches for Assessing Impact
How to participate
View related courses
- International Training on Monitoring and Evaluation for Development Results Course
- Result Based Monitoring and Evaluation Course
- Theory of Change in Project Development Course
- Value for Money Assessment practice in Project Management Course
The most popular courses
- Log frames and the Logical Framework Approach Course
- Gender Approaches to Agricultural Extension Practices Course
- Introduction to Occupational Health and Safety Course
- Data Management, Analysis and Graphics with R Course
- Mobile Phone Based Data Collection Using ODK Course
- Trauma Support and Counselling Course
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: email@example.com. Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 1st January 2018.
Send proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.