EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Linking Emergency Aid to Food and Nutrition Security Training
April 8 - April 12$1050
Food insecurity and disasters are directly related; therefore, institutions dealing with food and nutrition security should be prepared for such adversities and device means to respond. Relief aid institutions also play part in maintenance of food and nutrition security in emergencies by providing relief aid. Food aid is all about providing food and related assistance to tackle hunger, either in emergency situations, or to help with deeper, longer-term hunger alleviation and achieve food security. Thus, this training programme is designed to enable participants to gain skills on how to prepare, measure, and respond to nutrition emergencies to sustain food security.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is intended for various actors in Agriculture Extension (Agricultural extension officers, senior agricultural officials and policy makers) working with communities, in governments, funding agencies, Research organizations and non-government organizations among others for Agriculture support activities and other Development programmes.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Understand classification of emergencies in particular famine and food crises. Food insecurity and malnutrition and how these have shaped operational response and practice.
- Explore food and nutrition security context with the use of frameworks.
- Use quantitative and qualitative methods to assess and monitor the food and nutrition security situations.
- Study concepts of vulnerability, power, and gender in relation to emergencies and food and nutrition security.
- Explore the links between relief and development.
- Assess multi-stakeholder processes in relation to advocacy and change.
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com