EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Linking Emergency Aid to Food and Nutrition Security Training
February 11 - February 15$1050
Food insecurity and disasters are directly related; therefore, institutions dealing with food and nutrition security should be prepared for such adversities and device means to respond. Relief aid institutions also play part in the maintenance of food and nutrition security in emergencies by providing relief aid. Food aid is all about providing food and related assistance to tackle hunger, either in emergency situations, or to help with deeper, longer-term hunger alleviation and achieve food security. Thus, this training programme is designed to enable participants to gain skills on how to prepare, measure, and respond to nutrition emergencies to sustain food security.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Understand classification of emergencies in particular famine and food crises. Food insecurity and malnutrition and how these have shaped operational response and practice.
- Explore food and nutrition security context with the use of frameworks.
- Use quantitative and qualitative methods to assess and monitor the food and nutrition security situations.
- Study concepts of vulnerability, power, and gender in relation to emergencies and food and nutrition security.
- Explore the links between relief and development.
- Assess multi-stakeholder processes in relation to advocacy and change.
- Causes and effects of food and nutrition emergencies
- Key concepts and current issues in nutrition
- classification of disasters
- Preparedness for food and nutrition security emergencies
- Collecting food data from households
- Indicators of food and nutrition security
- Calculating Indicators
- Reporting food security information using GIS
- Food security early warning systems and disaster monitoring
- Population targeting with GIS and remote sensing
- Participatory approaches to restore food security in emergencies
- Role of power, gender and the rural poor in food and nutrition security
- Role of ICT in responding to nutrition emergencies
- Monitoring and evaluation to enhance food security
EVENT DETAILS & ONLINE REGISTRATION
To view event details and register online to book your spot, click on this link Online Registration Form 1
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on the details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.