EventsAdd your own event!
Linking Emergency Aid to Food and Nutrition Security Training
December 3 - December 7$1050
Food insecurity and disasters are directly related; therefore, institutions dealing with food and nutrition security should be prepared for such adversities and device means to respond. Relief aid institutions also play part in maintenance of food and nutrition security in emergencies by providing relief aid. Food aid is all about providing food and related assistance to tackle hunger, either in emergency situations, or to help with deeper, longer-term hunger alleviation and achieve food security. Thus, this training programme is designed to enable participants to gain skills on how to prepare, measure, and respond to nutrition emergencies to sustain food security.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Understand classification of emergencies in particular famine and food crises. Food insecurity and malnutrition and how these have shaped operational response and practice.
- Explore food and nutrition security context with the use of frameworks.
- Use quantitative and qualitative methods to assess and monitor the food and nutrition security situations.
- Study concepts of vulnerability, power, and gender in relation to emergencies and food and nutrition security.
- Explore the links between relief and development.
- Assess multi-stakeholder processes in relation to advocacy and change.
OUTLINE OF TOPICS TO BE COVERED IN THE PROGRAM
Module 1:Basic Concepts in Food and Nutrition Security Emergencies
Module 2: Food Security Analysis Frameworks
Module 3: Data Collection and Analysis of Food and Nutrition Security
Module 4 :GIS and Remote Sensing Application in Food and Nutrition Security Analysis
Module 5: Food Aid and its Role in Nutrition Emergencies
Module 6: Cross-cutting issues in Maintaining Food and Nutrition Security in Emergencies
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
Register Online to participate in this training.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.