EventsAdd your own event!
Labour Market Statistics and Labour Inspection Course
December 11 @ 9:00 am - December 13 @ 5:00 pm| $660
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 11th – 13th December 2017.
Evidence is central to effective employment policies. Labour market issues such as working poverty, informal employment, vulnerable employment and under-employment can only be dealt with effectively using high-quality information on the labour market.
The aim of the course is to boost the social partners’ understanding of decent work indicators, how to collect them and how to use them for empirically based policy-making.
Relevant members of the Employment Agencies
- Recognize the complementary roles and needs of various government institutions in funding, collecting, analyzing and disseminating LMI
- Improve their knowledge of labour statistics, concepts and definitions;
- Understand and contribute to pertinent institutional LMI arrangements, including LMI units, survey units, employment and training centres, social partner organizations, etc.
- Develop and improve their critical analysis of labour market actors and situations;
- Analyze survey results on labour force characteristics, to evaluate labour market conditions and design appropriate local, national and regional policies
- Describe how labour inspection works
- Identify specific gaps in labour statistics, LMI and relevant mechanisms that may also inform the preparation of a technical cooperation project whose aim is to improve labour market-related statistics and infrastructures so as to ensure their sustainability in the future.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Purpose and use of Labor Statistics
- Field and Source of Labor Statistics
- Labor Statistics, Employment and Underutilization of Labor (CIST Resolution 2013)
- The Decent Work Indicators
- Specification of Labor Statistics
- The Statistics of Occupational Accidents and Diseases / Occupational Injuries
- Place in the Public Organization
- Approach to Monitoring the Labour Market Indicators
- Labour Inspection Regulation (RIT)
- Legislation and Regulatory Norms
- Infraction Reports/ interdiction
- Rural / slave / child labour
- Measuring quality of employement
- Employee’s Severance Guarantee Fund (FGTS)
- Disabled workers
- Information systems
- Using ADePTsoftware
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request to a minimum of 4 participants. You can have it delivered in our training center or at a convenient location.
How to participate
View related courses
- Data Management and Analysis for Surveys using Stata Course
- Processing and Analysis of Data for Surveys/Assessment (Methodology and Software) Course
- Panel Data Analysis using Stata
- Advanced Excel Course
The most popular courses
- Digital marketing (Email & Social Media) and Brand Online Visibility.
- Establishing and strengthening farmer organizations.
- Proposal Preparation Using the Logical Framework Approach.
- GIS Analysis for WASH Programmes.
- Strategic Financial Management.
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 04th December 2017.
Send proof of payment to email@example.com