EventsAdd your own event!
Labour Market Statistics and Labour Inspection Course
April 30 @ 9:00 am - May 2 @ 5:00 pm$660
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 30th April – 2nd May 2018
Evidence is central to effective employment policies. Labour market issues such as working poverty, informal employment, vulnerable employment and under-employment can only be dealt with effectively using high-quality information on the labour market.
The aim of the course is to boost the social partners’ understanding of decent work indicators, how to collect them and how to use them for empirically based policy-making.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Relevant members of the Employment Agencies
- Recognize the complementary roles and needs of various government institutions in funding, collecting, analyzing and disseminating LMI
- Improve their knowledge of labour statistics, concepts and definitions;
- Understand and contribute to pertinent institutional LMI arrangements, including LMI units, survey units, employment and training centres, social partner organizations, etc.
- Develop and improve their critical analysis of labour market actors and situations;
- Analyze survey results on labour force characteristics, to evaluate labour market conditions and design appropriate local, national and regional policies
- Describe how labour inspection works
- Identify specific gaps in labour statistics, LMI and relevant mechanisms that may also inform the preparation of a technical cooperation project whose aim is to improve labour market-related statistics and infrastructures so as to ensure their sustainability in the future.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Purpose and use of Labor Statistics
- Field and Source of Labor Statistics
- Labor Statistics, Employment and Underutilization of Labor (CIST Resolution 2013)
- The Decent Work Indicators
- Specification of Labor Statistics
- The Statistics of Occupational Accidents and Diseases / Occupational Injuries
- Place in the Public Organization
- Approach to Monitoring the Labour Market Indicators
- Labour Inspection Regulation (RIT)
- Legislation and Regulatory Norms
- Infraction Reports/ interdiction
- Rural / slave / child labour
- Measuring quality of employment
- Employee’s Severance Guarantee Fund (FGTS)
- Disabled workers
- Information systems
- Using ADePTsoftware
How to participate
- Tailor make your course.
- Register as an individual.
- Register as a group.
- Become one of our partners.
- Purchase software’s
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
- Data Management, Graphics and Statistical analysis using SPSS Course
- Analysis of Complex Sample Survey Data Course
- Financial Management Using QuickBooks, Sage and Pastel Course
- Scientific Writing and Scholarly Publishing Course
- Scientific Writing, how to Prepare a Manuscript for International Journals Course
- Advanced Training on Data Management & Analyses for Surveys using Stata Course
The most popular courses
- Food Security Policies Formulation and Implementation Course
- Climate Change and Human Health Course
- M & E, Data Management & Analysis for Agriculture & Rural Development Programmes Course
- Implementation of ICT in Education with Moodle Course
- Flood Disaster Risk Management In A Changing Climate Course
- GIS and remote sensing in conservancy and wildlife management Course
- Project Management Workshop for Senior Officers Course
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 23rd April 2018.
Send proof of payment to email@example.com