EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
INTERNATIONAL TRAINING ON RESULT BASED MANAGEMENT, MONITORING AND EVALUATION
June 24, 2018 @ 8:00 am - June 28, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
INTERNATIONAL TRAINING ON
RESULT BASED MANAGEMENT, MONITORING AND EVALUATION
INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF PEACE STUDIES
AND CONFLICT TRANSFORMATION
June 24th -28th 2018
The 5 days course will help deepen the understanding about the philosophy and principles of Result Based Management (RBM). The participants will learn about the latest M&E practices including the theory of Change and strategic results framework.This course will bring learning to practice on Results-Based Management in their own fields of work for the planning, implementation and monitoring of projects throughout the project cycle.
This course is designed to enhance the skill set of the project staff, development practitioners, managers and decision makers, working professionals, social workers, students who are responsible for project or program-level M&E.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
• Working professionals, students, academics and scholars in project management, M & E and socially engaged in development works
• Good command in English
• Possess a leadership quality
• Beneficial for higher studies and also in career development
Date and Duration
• Duration: 5 days
• Date: June 24th-28th 2018
Medium of Instruction
Improved understanding on M&E theory, concepts, methods and tools among participants
Increased knowledge and skills of participants to monitor and evaluate projects/programs.
Increased motivation of program/project professionals to use outputs and outcomes (aggregate reports) from available data in making better management decision
Improved understanding on project/program designing, planning and implementation for better results.
INTRODUCTION TO RESULT BASED MANAGEMENT, MONITORING AND EVALUATION
• Why is RBM important?
• Common Elements of RBM
• RBM and Project Cycle
• Concept of Results Chain
• Areas of focus of RBM
• Strategic Considerations
• General Problems in Applying RBM
• RBM and the Project Cycle
• Designing Key Performance indicators and evidence
• Analyzing Strategy Alternatives
• Strategy Selection
• Overview of theory of change
• Developing theory of change
• Preconditions and Assumptions
• Managing risk
STRENGTHEN M&E SYSTEMS
• Designing effective M & E System
• M & E Frameworks
• How M&E for RBM Differs from Conventional M&E
• Data Collection Methodological Considerations
M&E PLAN AND EVALUATION TECHNIQUES
• Situation analyses/Needs assessment
• Defining Baselines and Targets
• Results based management vs conventional M&E
• M&E Planning
• Defining Key Evaluation Questions
ENSURING QUALITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY
• Incorporating Quality and Accountability into Project Cycle Management
• Utilizing learning for improvements
• Share learning with key stakeholders
• Strengthened Knowledge Management
This course is delivered by our expert professional who has multi years of experience with INGOs/UN Agencies and has also delivered international training in different countries around the globe. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
Training venue /Accommodation
Accommodation is arranged for our participants at Institute of Peace Studies and Conflict –IIPDS Nong Chok, Thailand.
Early Registration Fee
April 02 to May 02,2018 Onsite Registration
Professionals: $325 USD
Academic /Scholars: $300 USD
Students: $250 USD
Contact Person/ Details:
International Institute of Peace and Development Studies c/o ARF-AMAN