EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
International Training on Research Design & Methodology, Data management, Analysis, Inferences and Reporting (21st May to 1st, June, 2018. Nairobi, Kenya)
May 21, 2018 @ 8:00 am - June 1, 2018 @ 5:00 pm$2100
In order to conduct and evaluate any research, it is important to come up and embrace appropriate research Design & Methodology, Data management, Analysis, Inferences and Reporting standards for decision making. Without appropriate research design and methodology, the entire process is distorted interfering with the integrity of data collect leading to inaccurate and inappropriate analysis of research findings. Improper statistical analyses distort scientific findings, mislead casual readers, and may negatively influence the public perception of research. This training aims introduce and enhance the participants’ knowledge on research design & methodology, data management, analysis, inferences and reporting of research findings. The participants will be exposed to Mobile Based Data collection using ODK, use of Ms-Excel and Statistical analysis software of interest (Stata/SPSS/R).
FOR WHOM IS THIS TRAINING INTENDED?
This is a general training targeting participants from Social, Agriculture, Economics, Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Education, Medical or public health professionals among others who wish to be conversant with the concepts of statistics, Research Design & Methodology, Data collection using ODK, use of GIS for mapping, Data management, Analysis using MS-Excel, Stata/SPSS/SAS/R Softwares and Inferences and Reporting. No prior knowledge is required.
The training is aimed at introducing and equipping participants with skills in;
- Planning for selecting appropriate research design
- Prevention of potential errors in research planning stage and control
- Sample Size determination and use of sampling techniques
- Designing survey tools (e.g. Questionnaires) and use om mobile based data collection techniques (ODK)
- GIS Mapping
- Data Management and Analysis using Ms-Excel
- Data Entry, Management and Manipulation using Stata/SPSS/SAS/R
- Importing/ exporting datasets
- Quality checks of datasets
- Generating tables and graphs and creating a syntax for the output (Stata/SPSS/SAS/R)
- Analysis of Survey data using inferential statistics using Stata/SPSS/SAS/R and making Inferences
- Report writing
- Module 1: Statistical/Recap to Statistics Concepts
- Module 2: Research Design and Data collection tools & techniques
- Module 3: Mobile Based data Collection using ODK and GIS Mapping
- Module 4: Data Management and Analysis using Ms-Excel
- Module 5: Data Management and Analysis using statistical softwares: (Stata/ SPSS/R)
- Module 6: Data Entry, Management and Manipulation using Stata/SPSS/SAS/R
- Module 7: Graphic, tabulations and output management using Stata/SPSS/SAS/R
- Module 8: Analysis of Survey data using inferential statistics using Stata/SPSS/SAS/R and making Inferences
- Module 9: Regression analysis using Stata/SPSS/SAS/R and making Inferences:
- Module 10: Report writing for survey findings, Dissemination and Use
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
TO REGISTER FOR THE EVENT
Click here ( REGISTRATION LINK )
For more details about this training Click ( TRAINING EVENT DETAILS 2 ).
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below: Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.