EventsAdd your own event!
International Diploma in Humanitarian Assistance (IDHA) 53
June 3 @ 8:00 am - June 30 @ 5:00 pm$5,500
In order to enable humanitarian aid workers who are actively engaged in the field to attend the training program, and in an attempt to create a teaching program which reflects the complexity and intensity of the conditions humanitarian workers face, the IDHA has been designed as an intensive four-week training program, including more than 200 hours of lectures, presentations, debates, and group work. The intensity and duration of the course enables aid workers who are active in the field to attend with minimal disruption to the operations with which they are involved.
Teaching methods include lectures, case studies, seminars, practical exercises, and scenarios. A multidisciplinary approach has been taken, covering the full range of disciplines that are involved in humanitarian programs. These include management, logistics, health, psychology, social sciences, anthropology, communication, agriculture, environment, education, conflict resolution, international law, civil/military relations, security, media, politics, and economics.
An important aspect of the IDHA program is promoting cooperation and teamwork rather than competition and individualism. This is encouraged at a personal level in the sharing of expertise as a member of a “syndicate.” As a member of one of six different syndicates, participants work together as a team for the duration of the course.
- Provide volunteers and professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds with extensive insight into the needs of refugees and internally displaced people in acute and chronic settings and equip them with the awareness, understanding, and skills that are essential for effective service in a humanitarian crises
- Enable humanitarian workers to function effectively, both as individuals and members of a team, in acute and chronic situations of conflict and disaster
- Promote cooperation and dialogue between international, governmental, and non-governmental agencies involved in humanitarian action (assistance and protection)
- Evaluate interventions and identify examples of good practice
- Examine ways in which humanitarian crises can be anticipated and prevented.
The Institute of International Humanitarian Affairs (IIHA) at Fordham University offers humanitarian training courses in various locations around the world. With the creation of a Master’s in Humanitarian Action (MIHA), the Institute offers a flexible yet academically rigorous training model for aid practitioners looking to further their knowledge and skills in the humanitarian sector.
Fees: The fee for the course is $5,500 USD. This cost includes tuition, fees, course materials, lodging, and all weekday meals. It does not include transportation or visa costs.
To take this course, please Apply Here.
To learn more about this course, please view the individual Course Listing on our website. For a complete list of IIHA courses, view the Course Calendar on our website. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com for more information.