EventsAdd your own event!
Integrated Pest Management Course
June 4 - June 8$1100
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 04th – 08th June 2018.
Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is defined as a pest management system that utilizes all suitable techniques in a total management system with the intent of preventing pests from reaching unacceptable levels or to reduce an existing population to an acceptable level.
IPM is based on taking preventive measures, monitoring the crop or site for the level of the pests, assessing the potential for pest damage, and choosing appropriate actions. Many different tactics may be available, including cultural practices, biological control agents, pesticides, pest-resistant varieties, mechanical methods and physical barriers. In IPM, these tactics may be combined into a plan that best suits the particular situation. It is a comprehensive approach dedicated to removing causes rather than just treating symptoms. This five day training course is intended to guide farmers on pest eradication using environmentally friendly means to yield improved farm results.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is intended for various actors in the Agriculture Extension (Agricultural extension officers, senior agricultural officials and policy makers) working with communities, in governments, funding agencies, Research organizations and non-government organizations among others for Agriculture support activities and other Development programmes.
Upon completion you will be able to:
- Understand key concepts and elements involved in integrated pest management.
- Develop education and extension programmes on integrated pest and crop management.
- Understand essential components and the general ecological considerations in IPM.
- Gain skills on organic agriculture practices as a method of pest control.
- Gain insight on monitoring and evaluation skills in IPM.
- Understand the impacts of IPM to agriculture.
- Identify the benefits of IPM.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Introduction to Integrated Pest Management
- Components of Integrated Pest Management
- Management of Pest Resistance to Pesticides
- Organic Agriculture
- Extension Services in Integrated Crop and Pest Management
How to participate
- Tailor Make a Course
- Register as an Individual
- Register as a Group
- Become One of Our Partners.
- Purchase software’s
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
View related courses
- Integrated Water Resource Management Course
- Agricultural Biotechnology Course
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Impact Assessment of Food and Nutrition Security Programmes Course
- Resilience in Food Security Analysis Course
- Gender Approaches to Agricultural Extension Practices Course
The most popular courses
- HIV/AIDS Prevention, Control and Management Course
- Data Management and Analysis for M&E in Development Programmes Course
- Mobile Data Collection and Mapping for M&E and Scientists Course
- Microsoft Excel Data Analysis and Business Modeling Course
- Collaborative Conflict Resolution Course
- GIS and Remote Sensing in Land Cover, Land Change Analysis Course
- Debt Collection and Credit Management Course
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer. Email: email@example.com Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 28th May 2018. Send proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org