EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
ICT for Public Participation, Leadership and Governance Course
January 8 @ 8:00 am - January 12 @ 5:00 pm$1100
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 08th-12th January 2018.
In present times, everyone needs a basic understanding of ICT and how to make productive use of it, just to be a good public employee, citizen or even a leader. Learning how to be competent users of ICT technologies is important, so that one becomes successful in their careers in leadership and also be able to efficiently participate in the modern-day society.
If one was to count its more than one billion users, Facebook could be considered the third largest nation in the world. Twitter’s more than 200 million monthly active global users can communicate instantly with one another about any subject at any time.
In this era of ICT dominance, citizens, businesses, journalists, and government officials use ICT in a variety of ways: to praise or voice concern about their governments, to spread news, to engender action, and to make government work smarter and better.
New media provides a platform for leaders to help citizens in many directions such appreciating their diversities; solving their problems, sharing experiences and voicing out their salient issues without worries and shame.
This course is designed to enhance ICT knowledge and skills for MPS, Senators, Governors, MCAs, County Coordinators, Ward Coordinator, County Assembly Speakers, Clerks, Assistants to Public Officials, Chiefs, Sub chiefs, all public servants, civil servants and any other individual but is also suitable for other individuals working in the private and public sectors who might be interested in sharpening their ICT skills and techniques for social and economic development.
The program will equip participants with practical hands on ICT and social media skills and knowledge for governance, economic and social development.
At the end of the course, participants will become familiar with using ICT tools, techniques and skills for personal development, governance, social and economic development and the use of new communication technologies to build digital citizenships
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- IT Refresher for executive leaders
- Online Literacy, privacy and security
- Presentations and their roles in governance and public participation
- Social Media for Social Change and Governance
- Public participation Tools
- ICT Tools and strategies for social engagement in public organizations
- Case Studies
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request to a minimum of 4 participants. You can have it delivered in our training centre or at a convenient location.
How to participate
View related courses
- ICT for Public Participation, Leadership and Governance Course
- ICT for Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Course
- Using Joomla Content Management system (CMS) to Develop Custom and Dynamic Websites Course
- Mobile Phone Based Data Collection Using ODK Course
The most popular courses
- Digital marketing (Email & Social Media) and Brand Online Visibility..
- Establishing and strengthening farmer organizations..
- Advanced Training on Fire Safety and Fighting Marshal..
- How to Influence Decision Makers to Take up Research..
- Proposal Preparation Using the Logical Framework Approach.
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020. Email email@example.com
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 1st January 2018
Send proof of payment to email@example.com