EventsAdd your own event!
Human Rights Leadership Development Course
November 20 @ 8:00 am - November 24 @ 5:00 pm| $1100
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 20th – 24th November 2017
This course aims to develop a comprehensive experience of human rights learning by equipping potential human rights educators, advocates, activists, students, volunteers, and law enforcement officers with knowledge and skills to
- Integrate knowledge in the fields of politics, economics, cultural diversity, gender issues and socio-psychology in the context of human rights.
- Strategize training and methodology required for promoting human rights education in various countries across all sectors of the society.
- To explore the specificities and points of commonality of the non-formal and the formal education contexts in relation to human rights learning.
- To establish a global network of trainers on human rights education.
The program will further equip participants with skills for better understanding of the concepts of human rights learning and leadership development. This course will also provide the participants with a concrete ‘step-by-step’ approach including hints and guidelines for developing and implementing a successful human rights project in their organization and communities.
The programme will consist of 6 different modules, discussion and empowerment session each of which is geared towards helping the participants understand and internalize the Human Rights learning approach to development. Furthermore, by creating a learning environment that caters for their specific needs it is expected that the participants will be empowered to emerge as human rights educators themselves. The programme will give participants creative, concrete knowledge of how to use international and regional human rights treaties and enforcement mechanisms in their work for the protection and promotion of human rights.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course is aimed at human rights educators, advocates, activists, law enforcement officers, lawyers, women activists, programs managers, research officers, leaders and members of coalitions and networks, staff of NGOs and CBOs, donor agency program officers, volunteers, development actors, trainers, students, Ministry of Justice officials, government officials etc. Furthermore, every opportunity will be taken for joint learning events for participants and GHRLTI staff. Candidates should have a good written command of English language and high competence and comfort with computer and Internet usage.
The overall objective of this course is to provide participants with an introduction to the concept of human rights, design and implementation of successful human rights learning in their organization and communities. Participants will be empowered to advocate for their basic, human rights and develop leadership skills. The course can be used to establish or strengthen human rights policies and practices both in the public and private sector.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Development of Human Rights Laws
- The Human Rights Systems
- Training and Education in Human Rights
- ICT and Human Rights
- Leadership Skills in Human Rights
- Course Review and Wrap-up Conclusion
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
View related courses
- Climate Change Adaptation in a changing environment Course
- Grant Management and Fundraising Course
- Disaster Risk Reduction Course
- Contingency Planning Course
The most popular courses
- Establishing and strengthening farmer organizations
- Introduction to Occupational Health and Safety
- Principles and Practice of Research Data Management and Collection
- Effective Project Proposal and Report Writing
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.