EventsAdd your own event!
GIS for Monitoring and Evaluation Course
June 25 @ 9:00 am - June 29 @ 5:00 pm$1100
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 25th – 29th June 2018
The training will help project managers apply GIS to monitor and evaluate the activities of specific projects in an effort to document positive outcomes, increase sustainability and develop effective solutions to problems discovered. Through this training, we will examine some ways we can use maps to define, measure and display project outcomes.
To achieve set objectives, the training will also explore the technical topic of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) methods that are used worldwide in many development projects and the application of technical tools of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for project monitoring and management.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course is designed for representatives from government, project teams, NGOs, multi and bi-lateral development organizations, consultancies, etc., that are typically employed as project managers and directors, M&E specialists, technical specialists, and researchers.
- Understand key concepts in M&E and GIS
- Discuss new technologies being adopted in project monitoring and evaluation: Mobile phones in M&E, Participatory video for M&E: supporting bottom-up learning, Making real-time M&E a reality through ICT
- Learn about the working of M&E information management systems
- Learn how to collect data using mobile phones and GPS
- Learn how to integrate exiting M&E data with GIS
- Learn how to analyze and visualize M&E data with the aid of GIS techniques
- Learn how to integrate GIS into M&E activities
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Introduction and definitions of key concepts to M&E
- M&E Refresher
- Communicating M&E results
- New technologies being adopted in project M&E
- Introduction to concepts of GIS and remote sensing
- Spatial data collection techniques for project management
- Visualizing project data
- GIS and GPS for M&E
- Updating data in the M&E-GIS system
- Preparing monitoring and evaluation reports /communicating results
How to Participate
- Tailor Make a Course
- Register as an Individual
- Register as a Group
- Become One of Our Partners.
- Purchase Software
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related course
- GIS and Remote Sensing For Climate Change Impact Analysis and Adaptation Course
- GIS and Remote Sensing, Analysis, Mapping and Visualization with Quantum GIS Course
- GIS in Energy Course
- GIS Analysis for Health Sector Programmes Course
- GIS and remote sensing in conservancy and wildlife management Course
The most popular courses
- Integrated Water Resource Management
- Foodborne Illness and Food Hygiene Course
- Data Management and Analysis for M&E in Development Programmes Course
- Proposal Preparation Using the Logical Framework Approach Course
- ICT for Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Course
- Collaborative Conflict Resolution Course
- Report Writing Skills Course
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 18th June 2018
Send proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any registration of 3 or more participants, we offer a discount of up to 25%.
Click here now to register
For further inquiries email email@example.com or contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817,
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mob: +254 715 077 817