EventsAdd your own event!
GIS and Statistical Analysis for WASH Programmes Course
June 4 @ 9:00 am - June 8 @ 5:00 pm$1100
Courses for Your Career Growth
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 4th June– 08th June 2018
It’s a known fact that information is processed from facts and figures. Giving a spatial dimension to data and performing spatial analysis in a GIS environment enhances the interpretation which eventually speeds up implementation of programs. Integrating GIS and Remote Sensing as a decision-making tool has seen many organizations gain competitive advantage and remain relevant globally.
A geographic information system (GIS) will allow you to bring all types of data inform of layers, overlay them to perform analysis and eventually publish a map from that. Once the data is collected, participants will be equipped with analyses skills using Microsoft Excel program where techniques on handling both qualitative and quantitative data will be illustrated.
The class size is limited to 10 participants to ensure that each participant could interact with the facilitator.
By completing this course, participants will be able to: –
- Evaluate the spatial data requirements in Water Sanitation and Hygiene
- Use GIS and RS as a tool for monitoring WASH projects Activities
- Assess spatial data availability
- Understand the importance of Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) in WASH programs
- Use participatory GIS (PGIS) at community level
- Carry out water and sanitation modeling using GIS
- Collect data using Mobile data gathering tools
- Carry out basic data analysis using statistical software
- Design and implement their own GIS projects that integrate remote sensing data, GPS-based field information in a proper geospatial framework
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Introduction and definitions of key concepts
- GIS Data Management
- Development and presentation of maps
- Case studies: GIS application in water quality testing
- GIS and Remote Sensing as a tool in monitoring WASH project
- Participatory GIS for WASH
- Use of Mobile Phones for data Collection in WASH
- Multi Criteria analysis and its application in WASH
- Statistical data analysis for WASH
How to Participate
- Tailor Make a Course
- Register as an Individual
- Register as a Group
- Become One of Our Partners.
- Purchase Software
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
- GIS and Remote Sensing for agricultural resource management Course
- GIS and remote sensing in multi hazard early warning systems Course
- GIS and Remote Sensing for sustainable forest monitoring and management Course
- GIS Analysis for Health Sector Programmes Course
- GIS and Statistical Analysis for WASH Programmes Course
- GIS in Energy Course
The most popular courses
- Establishing and strengthening farmer organizations Course
- Prevention and Awareness of FGM Course
- Effective Reporting of Statistical Results for Survey Data Course
- M & E, Data Management & Analysis for Agriculture & Rural Development Programmes Course
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Course
- Shelter & Settlement Planning Course
- Report Writing Skills Course
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 28th May 2018.
Send proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org