EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
GIS and Remote Sensing in Environmental management, EIA and Audit Course
June 18 @ 9:00 am - June 29 @ 5:00 pm$2200
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date:18th -29th June 2018
The application of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) in Environmental Management and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and Audit process has gained substantial momentum over the past few years. Analyzing developments in their spatial context during the initial stages of the EIA process expedites the identification of potential aspects and impacts that may have to be assessed while the process goes on. Potential risk factors may be identified upfront and presented to the client to assess the viability of proceeding with the project. This approach reduces timeframes and usually presents the client with a cost saving.
- To expose participants to data capture, input, manipulation and display by GIS
- To introduce GIS and Remote Sensing in environmental management
- To expose participants to applications of GIS and remote sensing in environmental management
- To introduce participants to the role GIS plays in the EIA process
- To develop a sound basis for understanding the operation of GIS and Remote Sensing in environmental management.
- Familiarizing with different methods and techniques for SMCA for EIA
- Understanding the advantages and limitations of (S)MCA
- Acquiring skills in DSS and GIS-based DSS
- Understanding the role played by technical experts, stakeholders and decision-makers
- To demonstrate to participants, use of GIS in identifying and analyzing potential impacts
- To demonstrate case studies of a selected areas using GIS software.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Geospatial technologies and techniques for environmental mapping with GIS Software
- Spatial Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis using GIS Software
- Case studies for SMCA in different domains.
- Use of Remote sensing to identify and analyze potential impacts
- GIS modeling for environmental application
- Participatory GIS Approaches to Environmental Impact Assessment
- GIS for decision support in environmental management (Case studies)
How to Participate
- Tailor Make a Course
- Register as an Individual
- Register as a Group
- Become One of Our Partners.
- Purchase Software
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
- GIS and Remote Sensing in Mining and Exploration Course
- GIS and Remote Sensing for sustainable forest monitoring and management Course
- GIS and Remote Sensing in Land Cover, Land Change Analysis Course
- GIS and Statistical Analysis for WASH Programmes Course
- GIS and Remote Sensing in Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change Course
The most popular courses
- Livelihoods Assessment and Analysis Course
- Basic Fire Safety Course
- Effective Reporting of Statistical Results for Survey Data Course
- Training Course on Fundamentals of Public Communications
- Advanced Servers for ODK (Local and Cloud Installation) Course
- Early Warning Systems Course
- Procurement and Supply Chain Management Course
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B.11th June 2018
Send proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any registration of 3 or more participants, we offer a discount of up to 25%.
Click here now to register
For further inquiries email email@example.com or contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817,