EventsAdd your own event!
GIS and Remote Sensing for Climate Change Impact Analysis and Adaptation Course
June 25 @ 9:00 am - July 30 @ 5:00 pm$1100
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date:25th – 29th June 2018
This training will offer a set of methods and techniques that use GIS and Remote Sensing for analysis and monitoring of climate change, with applications in climate change impacts and adaptation. Participants’ will also acquire a better understanding of climate change impacts, adaptation measures for freshwater resources, and time series analysis. The course is targeted at the categories of professional mentioned above who require knowledge and skills on the use of GIS and Remote Sensing in their organizations on Climate Change Impact Analysis and Adaptation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Impact and Adaptation practitioners, development workers, including officials of national and local governments, extension officers, defense forces, emergency services staff, staff of training institutes, institutions of public administration, national and international NGOs, UN agencies and the private sector
On completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Evaluate the spatial data requirements in Climate Change Analysis and Adaptation
- Assess spatial data availability and understand the importance of Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI), for data sharing by organizations involved in Climate Change Analysis and Adaptation
- Apply GIS and RS for designing implementations of large scale early warning systems
- Use participatory GIS (PGIS) at community level
- Use Mobile data gathering techniques
- Design and implement their own GIS projects that integrate remote sensing data, and GPS-based field information
- Have a better understanding of the links of both natural and anthropogenically induced climate change, its impacts, and adaptation and mitigation response options concerning water-related issues
- Acquire advanced knowledge necessary to inform policy makers and stakeholders about the implications for water resources not only of climate change and climate change response options but also of various climate change scenarios and climate change response options, including associated synergies and tradeoffs.
- Use collaborative mapping tools such as Google Maps and Ushahidi to increase collaboration and information sharing.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Basic Principles and Concepts
- Climate Change Image Acquisition and Analysis
- Role of GIS in climate change variables.
- Climate Change Prediction and GIS
- Climate Change Adaptation and GIS
How to Participate
- Tailor Make a Course
- Register as an Individual
- Register as a Group
- Become One of Our Partners.
- Purchase Software
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
- GIS and Remote Sensing, Analysis, Mapping and Visualization with Quantum GIS Course
- GIS for Monitoring and Evaluation Course
- GIS in Energy Course
- GIS Analysis for Health Sector Programmes Course
- GIS and remote sensing in conservancy and wildlife management Course
The most popular courses
- Integrated Water Resource Management
- Foodborne Illness and Food Hygiene Course
- Data Management and Analysis for M&E in Development Programmes Course
- Proposal Preparation Using the Logical Framework Approach Course
- ICT for Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Course
- Collaborative Conflict Resolution Course
- Report Writing Skills Course
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 18th June 2018
Send proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any registration of 3 or more participants, we offer a discount of up to 25%.
Click here now to register.
For further inquiries email email@example.com or contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817,
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814