EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
GIS and Remote Sensing for Agricultural Resource Management Course
January 8 @ 9:00 am - January 12 @ 5:00 pm$1100
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 08th – 12th January 2018.
For optimum utilization of available agricultural land resources on a sustainable basis, timely and reliable information regarding their nature, extent and spatial distribution along with their potential and limitations is very important.
The efficiency and accuracy of data are improved when remote sensing data products and GIS are used. Spatial tools such as the Global Positioning System (GPS), Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Remote Sensing (RS) for storing and analyzing spatial data can help us make better decisions in agriculture, land development, environmental protection and restoration. Specifically, this decision making tools can be used in the context of agriculture in the assessment of crop area extent, management of water resources, identification of pest attacks and diseases, yield assessment studies, land suitability assessment for agriculture disaster management and precision agriculture.
Participants will apply their new skills to one of several case studies in topics on agriculture, pest management, crop monitoring, water resource management and risk assessment among others. This course will offer a mixture of lectures, demonstrations and hands-on exercises using open source GIS and RS software.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Agricultural experts, soil scientists, Animal Scientists, agronomist, entomologists, ranch managers, farm managers, environmentalist, farmers and students.
- Understand the basic concepts of GIS and Remote Sensing
- Understand various integrations of GIS and RS Agriculture
- Understand how precision farming and how it’s applied in Agriculture
- Understand Digital Image Processing Techniques in Agriculture Resource Management
- Understand Precision farming using GIS and RS for Crop management
- Expose participants in GIS and RS applications in Water management in agriculture
- Understand GIS and RS applications in disease/pest management
- Understand participatory method in agriculture resource management in context of GIS and GIS
- Publish dynamic and interactive agricultural based map on the internet
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Introduction, key principles and concepts.
- Digital Image Processing Techniques in Agriculture Resource Management.
- Agricultural Resource planning and monitoring.
- GIS and RS in Soil management.
- Precision farming using GIS and RS for Crop management.
- GIS and RS Water management in agriculture.
- GIS AND RS Disease/pest management.
- Participatory GIS
How to participate
- Tailor Make A Course
- Register as an Individual
- Register as a Group
- Become One of Our Partners.
- Purchase Software
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
- GIS and remote sensing in multi-hazard early warning systems Course
- Use of GIS and Remote Sensing in Disaster Risk Management Course
- GIS Analysis for Health Sector Programmes Course
- GIS and Remote Sensing For Climate Change Impact Analysis and Adaptation Course
- GIS and Remote Sensing for sustainable forest monitoring and management Course
The most popular courses
- Result Based Monitoring and Evaluation Course
- Data Management, Graphics and Statistical analysis using SPSS Course
- Knowledge Management Course
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 5th January 2018.
Send proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org