EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
GIS and Remote Sensing, Analysis, Mapping and Visualization with Quantum GIS Course
June 25 @ 9:00 am - June 29 @ 5:00 pm$1100
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date:25th – 29th June 2018
With information society, creation, distribution, integration and manipulation of information has become a significant economic, political, and cultural activity. It’s a known fact that information is processed from facts and figures; we also agree that if data is not well managed it can be overwhelming. Giving a spatial dimension to data and performing spatial analysis in a GIS environment speeds interpretation visualization which eventually speeds up implementation of programs.
This training workshop is aimed at helping our client understand how well they can apply GIS and RS in their day to day running of their organization. The course will be offered in a mixture of lectures, demonstrations and hands-on exercises in Quantum GIS (QGIS).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Government, Environment, Data analysis, Retailing, Fleet management, Marketing, Property development, Emergency response, Transport, Military defense, Healthcare, Oil and gas, Agriculture, mining, disaster risk management Forestry, M&E ,WASH, Engineers, Telecommunications Utilities, geographers, teachers, journalists, students etc.
- Master the principles and concepts of GIS and RS
- Acquire, manipulate, save the data sources in a GIS
- Understand how GIS database works and how to update
- Lear how to edit data in GIS
- Learn digital image processing techniques
- Become familiar with specific functionality to the GIS: “Spatial Analysis”
- Learn map design ,symbolization and publishing
- Mastering the output and dissemination of results of a GIS project.
- Develop and implement a GIS project
- Present the software and data sources available on the current GIS market
- Discover and use the internet for publishing maps
- Apply GIS and RS for designing implementations of large scale early warning systems and Participatory GIS skills for community Early Warning Systems
- Apply Mobile Data Gathering technologies for rapid assessment and surveys
- Apply emerging generation climate prediction technologies for anticipating and managing disaster risks associated with climate change & variability
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Introduction to GPS, GIS and Remote Sensing Principles
- Data Acquisition: Using Mobile based GPS (ODK)
- Data Acquisition: Extraction of feature from other sources
- Database Design and development
- Editing and management of GIS
- Integrating Imagery and Remote Sensing into GIS
- Geo-Spatial Analysis
- Introduction to cartographic visualization and the mapping process
- Online Publishing of maps and GIS outputs
How to Participate
- Tailor Make a Course
- Register as an Individual
- Register as a Group
- Become One of Our Partners.
- Purchase Software
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
- GIS and Remote Sensing For Climate Change Impact Analysis and Adaptation Course
- GIS for Monitoring and Evaluation Course
- GIS in Energy Course
- GIS Analysis for Health Sector Programmes Course
- GIS and remote sensing in conservancy and wildlife management Course
The most popular courses
- Integrated Water Resource Management
- Foodborne Illness and Food Hygiene Course
- Data Management and Analysis for M&E in Development Programmes Course
- Proposal Preparation Using the Logical Framework Approach Course
- ICT for Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Course
- Collaborative Conflict Resolution Course
- Report Writing Skills Course
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 18th June 2018
Send proof of payment to email@example.com
For any registration of 3 or more participants, we offer a discount of up to 25%.
Click here now to register.
For further inquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817,
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814