EventsAdd your own event!
Food Security, Safety and Quality Training
April 8 - May 3$1050
Food security exists when all people have physical and economic access to sufficient, safe and nutritious food that meets their dietary needs and food preferences for an active and healthy life at all times. Food insecurity, on the other hand, is part of a continuum that includes hunger (food deprivation), malnutrition (deficiencies, imbalances, or excesses of nutrients), and famine. This training program is therefore designed to act as a guide on how to ensure access to safe and quality food is one of the human rights as well as a sustainable development goal.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is intended for various actors in Agriculture Extension (Agricultural extension officers, senior agricultural officials and policy makers) working with communities, in governments, funding agencies, Research organizations and non-government organizations among others for Agriculture.
At the end of the training, the learner will be able to:
- Understand basic skills in food security, safety, and quality.
- Understand the classification of food into different food groups.
- Understand what constitutes an adequate diet and optimal feeding to children.
- Understand the relationship between nutrition and health.
- Gain skills in cross-cutting issues in food security, quality, and safety.
- Understand the role of technology in the realization of food security, quality, and safety.
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.