EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Food Security and Climate Change Training
April 1 - April 5$1050
Food insecurity and climate change are the two major global challenges humanity is facing, and climate change is increasingly being perceived as one of the greatest challenges for food security. This is because reduces the productivity of the majority of existing food systems and harms the livelihoods of those already vulnerable to food insecurity. Conversely, agricultural activities including indirect effects through deforestation and other forms of land conversion account for about one-third of total global warming potential from GHG emissions today. This training is thus intended to equip participants with strategies to realize food security, reduce climate change effects in agriculture, as well as reduce the contribution of the agriculture sector to climate change presently and in the future.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is intended for various actors in Agriculture Extension (Agricultural extension officers, senior agricultural officials and policy makers) working with communities, in governments, funding agencies, Research organizations and non-government organizations among others for Agriculture.
- At the end of the training, the learner will be able to:
- Integrate food security and climate change concerns.
- Increase resilience of food systems to climate change.
- Develop low emissions agricultural strategies that do not compromise food security.
- Collect information, share knowledge and refocus research to a more set of complex set of objectives in the context of vulnerability analysis in climate change and food security in future.
- Facilitate participation of stakeholders in decision making and implementation.
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com