EventsAdd your own event!
Food Security Analysis Course
October 9 - October 13| $1338
CERTIFIED BY NITA.
Before intervening in a country, the first priority for development actors is to understand the food security situation of the population. Food security analysts do a wide range of assessments in order to identify hungry and food insecure populations and to establish the underlying causes. They include Comprehensive Food Security and Vulnerability Analyses-CFSVAs, Emergency assessments and market analyses-EFSA.
To collect, manage and analyze data, they use advanced technologies such as satellite imagery, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and mobile data collection platforms such as smart phones, tablets and Personal Digital Assistants.
Some actors for instance WFP, are working with partners to establish Food Security Monitoring Systems (FSMS) for continuous monitoring of food security conditions and market prices. This five days training will expose the participants to several concepts in carrying out food security analysis.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the concept of Food security Analysis, have a mastery of its basic concepts.
- Gain knowledge on application of various approaches to Food Security interventions
- Understand the various methods in Food Security analysis and tools and be able apply
- Conduct a community food security assessment; determine a community’s information needs and creating a community food security assessment team
- Have knowledge on policy issues in food security and how to analyze
- Use of GIS and remote sensing in food security analysis
- Monitoring and Evaluation in Food Security Programming
How to participate
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.