EventsAdd your own event!
Food Safety and Hygiene Management Course
February 12 @ 9:00 am - February 23 @ 5:00 pm$2200
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 12th -23rd February 2018.
Food-related illness affects tens of millions of people and kills thousands each year. A foodborne illness is caused by eating or drinking a contaminated food or beverage. The training course on foodborne illnesses and food hygiene at IRES- Kenya is dedicated to inform, educate and improve preparedness, response, and prevention of foodborne diseases within both the governing and industry workforce. Well informed food handlers provide safer foods, understand their responsibilities clearly and may improve the outcomes of the business, by reducing food waste and liability.
Who Should Attend?
Food handlers in various institutions such as; hotels and restaurants, schools, factories and food processing industries and food inspectors
By the end of this training participants should be able to:
- Describe what is meant by “foodborne illness and list various examples
- Describe the desirable knowledge and skills available in a foodborne outbreak investigation team
- Describe what HACCP and come up with HACCP plan
- Understand the importance of personal hygiene during food handling
- Discuss healthy ways to buy, prepare, cook, and preserve food
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Introduction to Foodborne Illness
- Investigation and Reporting of foodborne illness
- Introduction to HACCP
- Food Safety and Hygiene
- Pest Control
How to participate
- Tailor Make a Course
- Register as an Individual
- Register as a Group
- Become One of Our Partners.
- Purchase software’s
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
View related courses
- Mapping Nutrition Preparedness in Emergency.
- Nutrition Assessment and Survey using ENA/ EPIINFO.
- Introduction to Health Systems Management Course
- Diseases Surveillance and Reporting Course
- Reproductive Health and Rights Course
The most popular courses
- Nutrition and Food Safety Course
- Data Management & Analyses for Surveys using Stata Course
- Result Based Monitoring and Evaluation Course
- Use of ICT Tools in Epidemiology Course
- Disaster Risk Reduction Course
- GIS and Remote Sensing for agricultural resource management Course
- Strategic Financial Management Course
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: email@example.com. Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 05h February 2018.
Send proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.