EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Financial Management Training
August 20, 2018 - August 31, 2018$2100
Financial management is about preparing, directing and managing the money activities of a business/organization in order to achieve financial objectives. It is therefore crucial for both public and private sector organizations. Management needs to ensure that enough funding is available at the right time to meet the needs of the business. In the short term, funding may be needed to invest in equipment and stocks, pay employees and fund sales made on credit. In the medium and long-term, funding may be required for significant additions to the productive capacity of the business or to make acquisitions. This links in with the financial decision making process and forecasting.
Module 1: Introduction
- Key principles and concepts of financial management
- What is financial management?
- Why is it important for institutions?
- Good practice systems: the building blocks of financial management
- Finance health check
- System-design techniques
Module 2: Financial Planning
- The financial planning process
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Functions and types of budgets
- Practical approaches to building good budgets
- Cash flow forecasting
- Consolidated budgets and budgeting for core costs
Module 3: Accounting Records
- Which records should you keep?
- The accounting process: cash or accruals
- Practical accounting: completing the cashbook
- Bank reconciliation
- Procurement – steps, people, and paperwork
Module 4: Financial Monitoring
- Financial information – who needs what, when and why?
- Using financial statements
- Using budget monitoring reports
- Overview of donor reporting
Module 5: Internal Control Systems
- How to minimize theft and fraud
- The role of audit
- Internal control policies and procedures development
- Summary and close
- Summary of key messages