EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Farmer Field School (FFS) Training on 12th – 16th November, 2018
November 12, 2018 - November 16, 2018$1050
Event Details: Farmer Field School Training
Farmer field school (FFS) is a group-based learning process that brings together concepts and methods from agroecology, experiential education and community development. It also involves regular field observations and group analysis. It is a major undertaking towards the realization of sustainable agriculture as it helps farmers make their own locally specific decisions about crop management practices. Special group activities encourage learning from peers, and strengthen communicative skills and team building. This training course is therefore intended to help participants to design and implement Farmer Field Schools as an extension practice to promote organic farming and agricultural productivity.
At the end of the training, the learner will be able to:
- Understand well the concept of FFS and have skills to implement it.
- Learn new technologies in agriculture.
- Incorporate technologies of FFS according to local conditions.
- Select and apply appropriate weed, pest and disease management practices for both animal and plant production in an organic farm.
- Select appropriate organic management systems for different organic farms.
- Gain skills in cross-cutting issues in FFS.
- Gain skills in the climate change and agriculture.
Module 1: Approach and Principles
Module 2: Key concepts and techniques in FFS
Module 3: Cross-cutting topics in FFS
Module 4: Introduction to organic farming
Module 5: Organic farming
Module 6: Climate change and agriculture
Module 7: Development technologies in agriculture
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
Register Online to participate in this training.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com