EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Epidemiology and Biostatistics with Stata Course
March 5 @ 9:00 am - March 16 @ 5:00 pm$2200
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 05th – 16th March 2018.
This course is intended for medical researchers who would like to enhance their skills on epidemiological data analysis being familiarized with Stata. The participants will have their hands on laptop with Stata running throughout the learning sessions. Each learning session will give equal weight to tutorials and practical exercises.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course is intended for researchers, physicians, clinicians, public health professionals, epidemiologists and biostatisticians, from public and private institutions who need to apply meta-analysis.
The key objective is that by the end this course the students will know how to run their own epidemiological analysis effectively using Stata for a variety of outcomes by using 2×2 tables and/or regression models, decided on the most appropriate way to report the results supplied by Stata
Understand the bio-statistical concepts of additivity, independence, confounding, and interaction in the context of logistic models.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Introduction to epidemiologic thinking
- Sufficient/component cause theory of disease
- Hill’s causal criteria
- Logic and errors
- Effect measures
- Study designs
- Randomization using Excel
- Bias and confounding
- Random error and statistics
- Crude analysis
- Stratified analysis
- Sensitivity (bias) analysis
- Case-cohort study design
- Logic of significance tests
- Choice of significance test
- Comparison of two independent groups
- Basics of power analysis
- More on levels of measurement
- Comparison of two paired groups
- Multiplicity and the Comparison of 3+ Groups
- Linear regression
- Logistic regression and dummy variables
- Survival analysis: Kaplan-Meier graphs, Log-rank Test, and Cox regression
- Confidence intervals versus p values and trends toward significance
- Pearson correlation coefficient with clustered data
- Equivalence and non-inferiority tests
- Validity and reliability
- Bland-Altman analysis
- One sample tests
How to participate
- Tailor make your course.
- Register as an individual.
- Register as a group.
- Become one of our partners.
- Purchase software’s
- Frequently asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
- Qualitative Data Management and Analysis with NVIvo (Concept & Approaches) Course
- Data Management & Analyses for Surveys using Stata Course
- CSPro For Android and Smartphones Course
- Statistical Analysis with Excel Course
- Effective Reporting of Statistical Results for Survey Data Course
The most popular courses
- Climate Change and Agriculture Course
- Reproductive Health and Rights Course
- Result Based Monitoring and Evaluation Course
- ICT for Public Participation, Leadership and Governance Course
- GIS and Remote Sensing for Epidemiology and Public Health Course
- Public Governance and Administration Course
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 02nd March 2018.
Send proof of payment to email@example.com