EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Effective Reporting of Statistical Results for Survey Data Course
March 5 @ 9:00 am - March 9 @ 5:00 pm$1100
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 05th March – 09th March 2018
This course will provide training in new methods, techniques and best practices related to effective reporting of statistical results. The general aims of the courses are to enable participants to develop skills in writing statistical reports by introducing techniques to present findings based on statistical analysis in a clear, concise and understandable manner.
OBJECTIVES OF THE TRAINING
Upon completion of the training course, participants will be able to:
- Apply a common notion of quality in statistical communication;
- Write in a suitable style for the audience (incl. using statistical terminology appropriately);
- Choose the appropriate graph;
- Tell the story behind the figures;
- Make statistics attractive and understandable to non-expert audiences;
- Be able to apply this knowledge in their daily work environment.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Why learn statistical reporting?
- What makes report writing so difficult?
- Intended readership
- Framework for statistical report-writing
- Structure and content of a statistical report
- Preparing for report writing
- Effective use of tables, figures, plots and diagrams
- APA tables and figures guidelines
- IEEE guidelines for tables and figures
- Using tables to aid the story
- Using graphs to aid the story
- Reporting results of common statistical tests
- Computer outputs
- Use of English language
- Use of notations
- Including references to metadata
- Some pitfalls and misuses
- Some things not to do
- Report writing exercise
How to participate
- Tailor make your course.
- Register as an individual.
- Register as a group.
- Become one of our partners.
- Purchase software’s
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
- Qualitative Data Management and Analysis with NVIvo (Concept & Approaches) Course
- Epidemiology and Biostatistics with Stata Course
- Data Management & Analyses for Surveys using Stata Course
- CSPro For Android and Smartphones Course
- Statistical Analysis with Excel Course
The most popular courses
- Climate Change and Agriculture Course
- Training Course on ICT for Health and Nutrition
- Training Course on M & E, Data Management & Analysis for Health Sector Programmes
- Use of ICT Tools in Epidemiology Course
- Grant Management and Fundraising Course
- GIS and Remote Sensing For Climate Change Impact Analysis and Adaptation Course
- Participatory Rural development Action
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 02nd March 2018.
Send proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org